You can't do that! Why not?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bradger

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Aug 12, 2019
northern NJ
So today while grocery shopping i saw a Turkey breast. That's what i should make for dinner tonight.
Unfortunately by the time i got home it seemed like it might be too late to put in smoker. So what is a man to do?
Still a little warm to turn the oven on for that long a time. So i turn to my 4 burner gasser if I use indirect heat that is almost exactly like a oven,all 4 burners go on to heat up while I clean and season the breast. Put on let sear on one side for a minute or 2 flipped it to the other side of the grill for another minute or 2. Turned back shut those burners off inserted the ink bird probe.
DSCF3423.JPG
Cooked like that for about 2 hours, untill IT read 165.
Took off
DSCF3424.JPG
The cut
DSCF3428.JPG
DSCF3427.JPG
No marinating, Hot and fast, grill temp read near 500 (need to check accessory of that) the breast was fairly moist, and fairly crispy skin.

Never done a turkey breast on my gasser but good to know in case I ever get in a pinch!

I figured if i did in indirect heat, it would basically function the same as my gas oven. The breast i used had one of those popup timer things. I removed it.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky