Yeti Resting

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I've never seen an ozark cooler dirtsailor. One of the few things none of my buddies own. I'm just speaking for the tumblers and what I've seen/heard.

I can tell your rtic coolers are about 2 months behind in shipping. So if you order one today you'd probably get it in January.

4 days later??!? Wow! Mine was somewhere between 2-3 months. But it was worth the wait for sure.

That seems to be the case all around. I have read that the durability of Yeti is unbeatable but unless I'm going to torture test it, I don't see a problem =) Thanks sharing your experience. It appears more are for off brand for the value

That seems to be the case all around. I have read that the durability of Yeti is unbeatable but unless I'm going to torture test it, I don't see a problem =) Thanks sharing your experience. It appears more are for off brand for the value

When the durability of the off brand is the same as the name brand why spend more? The RTIC is as durable as the Yeti.

Looks like the fun is just beginning with Yeti and the Clones...they've filed suit against RTIC, Wal-Mart (Ozark Trail), and Mammoth Coolers for various forms of trademark infringement/patent theft/etc.  RTIC has counter-sued, claiming attempted monopolization by Yeti as of May.  Supposedly, RTIC was legally held up in order shipments until certain hurdles were cleared and they could start filling orders again, but I don't see where there's been any definitive, final resolutions to any of this. Apparently, nothing precluded RTIC from still accepting orders during this time frame, shoving ship dates farther and farther out, creating a bad experience for the customer, and a bad service rap for RTIC.

Perhaps one of our esteemed legal minds could weigh in with any current updates, as these briefs are beyond my pay grade.  I'm not an attorney, but I did sleep at a Holiday Inn Express last night....  
banana_smiley.gif
Interesting, I just ordered another 65 2 days ago, Ill let you know when it arrives.

update

just went and looked, They sent a tracking #, UPS says it'll be here Friday. 5 days from order to delivery and free shipping, my first one took 8 days but there was a weekend in there. I have a couple of tumblers as well. so far I couldn't be happier.

Last edited:
I would order a RTIC for a cooler in a heart beat can't get any Ozarks right now from Walmart because they're sold out but I do love my knock off 32 oz tumbler from ozark and is better my my brothers yeti...

For your normal barbecue cooking, to rest a couple of briskets or pork butts for a few hours, say up to 3 to 5; your standard $25 Igloo or Coleman cooler will work just fine. I have a $15 Igloo that I bought at Academy and have held a pair of briskets for about 6 1/2 hours wrapped in a couple of towels inside the cooler and they were still nice and hot, and very, very tender. (I did preheat the cooler with a pot of boiling water before I put the briskets in it though).

If you are doing a multi day BBQ competition and need to keep all your stuff cold without refrigeration then a Yeti or RTIC cooler might be worth it.

I have a big coleman cooler that I got at a yard sale for 2 bucks that will hold ice for a couple days and I also use it to rest meat in but after about 7 years I think it's time to get a new one but I'll just get another coleman.

For what it's worth, I bought a couple of 30 oz. tumblers for $9.99 each, a couple of can coolers for $6.66 each, and a couple of 30 oz. handles for $3.33 each today and should have them next week:  all 3 items are currently on sale on RTIC's website.  I contacted them this afternoon, and was told that they sometimes will have "scratch and dents" available of their full line in their showroom in NW Houston.  I'll be about 15 minutes away from their storefront around Christmastime, and will absolutely be darkening their doorway while there.

Reactions: miller51
I have a smaller yeti cooler, roadie 25 or something like that and a 20oz cup I got as promotional items. They are nice but I wouldn't pay the prices they are asking.

Just got 2 RTIC 20oz. tumblers in the mail yesterday. Ordered them Tuesday. Filled one with ice and one with boiling water at a few minutes after 10 last night. At 8:15 this morning the ice was maybe 10% melted and the hot water was at 115°. That's about the lower limit for "hot" for coffee. And really, who's gonna take 10 hours to drink a cup of coffee? I was really just checking to make sure neither was defective.

I have been buying the ozark tumblers from Walmart and it seems to hold ice for about 18 hours they look just like the yetis put way cheaper and for some reason when I order them on line for store pick up the refund my card the money, I think they may be in a law suit with yeti

For what it's worth, I bought a couple of 30 oz. tumblers for $9.99 each, a couple of can coolers for $6.66 each, and a couple of 30 oz. handles for $3.33 each today and should have them next week:  all 3 items are currently on sale on RTIC's website.  I contacted them this afternoon, and was told that they sometimes will have "scratch and dents" available of their full line in their showroom in NW Houston.  I'll be about 15 minutes away from their storefront around Christmastime, and will absolutely be darkening their doorway while there.
Thanks for the info... I'm one that believes that you get what you pay for with certain things, but the price of yeti coolers is pretty ridiculous even for that model. I have a Yeti can coozy, and while it probably works great, $29.99 is a bit much to keep a beer (or soda if you choose) cold for multiple hours, especially when one never lasts that long, although i will say the first drink and the last drink are the same temp. These coolers look like a pretty similar setup, could definitely be worth looking into and giving a try. 
Beer.gif
points1.png

J

I'd already mentioned the lawsuits: does anyone know where these may stand?
found this
[h3]IV. CONCLUSION AND ORDER[/h3]
This second-filed action involves issues that substantially overlap with those in the currently-pending First-Filed Lawsuit in the Western District of Texas. As a result, it is hereby

ORDERED  that Yeti's Motion to Transfer [Doc. # 10] is GRANTED  and this case is TRANSFERRED  to the United States District Court for the Western District of Texas, Austin Division, to be considered in connection with Yeti CoolersLLC vRTIC CoolersLLCet al., Civil Action No. 1:16cv264-RP. It is further

ORDERED  that Yeti's Motion to Dismiss RTIC's Antitrust and Tortious Interference Claims and, In the Alternative, to Sever and Stay [Doc. # 11] is DENIED WITHOUT PREJUDICE  to being reurged following transfer to the Western District of Texas.

SIGNED  at Houston, Texas, this 26th  day of July2016.

/s/_________

NANCY F. ATLAS

Reactions: gr0uch0
Like other have said the high end coolers are rather expensive if just used for weekend camping, ice is cheap. I also find Yeti and the like coolers heavy to start with so once loaded up they tend to weigh a ton. My biggest issue is there now a stealable item, with a regular cooler a guy can leave it in the back of the pickup and walk into a grocery store or leave it setting next to the camper but with these high dollar coolers one doesn't dare leave it unattended or unsecured.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky