Yet Another Valentine's Day Steak -- Smoked Ribeye

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SunnyDC

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Jan 15, 2019
Washington, DC
smoked-ribeye.png

So we tried something last night I wouldn't have thought of doing before I found SMF and smoked/reverse seared a pretty ribeye steak. Rubbed it with salt & pepper, rested in the fridge for three hours, then onto the grill (new smoker is still going to have to wait until next weekend to assemble and initiate!) at 225° until the IT reached 130°. I started heating up my cast iron skillet on the stove for about fifteen minutes beforehand, so when we pulled it off the smoke, I was able to give it a nice hot sear, then rested it for ten (miserable, hungry) minutes.

The smoke flavor was amazing... Not too overwhelming (we used apple), but it really added a dimension to what is already a great cut. But the biggest happy surprise was the texture... My better half likes his steak a tad more rare than I do, but I was able to completely enjoy it this way because of the velvety consistency. Total thumbs up!

We also tried some bacon wrapped scallops. Pulled them off after about an hour and they had hit 130°. Might should have run them under the broiler to crisp the bacon more, but honestly we couldn't be bothered and just scarfed them standing up in the kitchen... which was almost the way it went with the steak, until we decided we'd better sit down and enjoy everything together since it was Valentine's Day!

Another win-win thanks to all of you guys! Now we are off to camp for the next few days. Hope you all have a great weekend!

Sunny

Beautiful steak Sunny! Perfectly cooked from edge to edge.

It’s hard to beat a smoked and revered seared ribeye!

Reactions: SunnyDC
Thanks, guys! (Sorry to be late to say that, but I was off gallivanting in the woods all weekend!) I am going to try some (especially thick) lamb chops this way over the weekend. Can't wait!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky