Yet another GOSM needle valve question.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

K9BIGDOG

Meat Mopper
Original poster
SMF Premier Member
Jul 7, 2017
New York
Hi All,
Just re-registered as my previous account and password couldn't be recovered.
Anyways...
I recently did a bunch of mods to my GOSM 3895GWLA. Lavalock tape to seal up the door and drawers, new latches to hold them all shut nice and tight, a port for the probe wires, an upgraded door thermometer and I even fashioned a magnetic shelf to set the wireless transmitter on. I also used the Lavalock caulking to seal up around some of the screws where smoke was bleeding out.
So on to the needle valve. I looked up the stock regulator online based on the model number (GR100A) and found out it's actually a 10PSI regulator. I had read somewhere that the GOSM regulators were only 1/2PSI but I found the EXACT (cheap, Chinese made) regulator and sure enough, it's 10PSI. So I bought a new 10PSI regulator with a needle valve built in right next to it. It has a 3/8" flare fitting on the end of the hose that attaches to the venturi. I disconnected the hose (with the right angle fitting) from the venturi and lo and behold the male flare on the venturi fitting is quite a bit smaller than 3/8. Maybe 1/4"? So my question is...What type of adapter/reducer fitting do I need to connect the new regulator/needle valve/hose assembly to the GOSM burner?

Just go to Home Depot & look in the brass dept.
Take the regulator with you & buy a reducer.
Sounds like you need a 3/8x1/4.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky