Winter smokin'

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

squeezy

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 17, 2005
Woodstock, Ontario, Canada
Fired up the CCSV at about 11 this morning ... 28ºF with sunshine for part of the day.
Did some side ribs, Quail, buffalo/Jalapeño sausage, Yukon Gold (small) taters, and ABT s consisting of Jalapeños, hot Hungarian, and some mini-bells (sweet for the missus).
Had everything done but the ribs at about 4 ... then ran out of LP ... switched to a full one and resumed cooking. Did not foil ribs this time ... sprayed apple juice for first 3 hours, then basted with a blend of Diana's Rib & Chicken with Diana's maple BBQ sauce until done at about 5:40
Ribs were very good as were everything, although the quail was a little rubbery but very tasty (first time ever eating quail)
Of course I had to try everything ... yep I'm full now!

Used mesquite & maple for that TBS
Had s good shot of the peppers (chilis) before cutting them up ... sometimes I just stupid ... I deleted it by my ineptitude!
Here is the rest ...

looks very very tasty...
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Paul:

Everything looks so good, mmmmmm ribs.

oooo great job! Was about the same temp here today. Oven roasted loin roast. Sigh.

HEY how were the Hunky pepper ABT's? I been thinkin' on trying those!

Looking real tasty Squeezy! Those birds are so cute -
icon_smile.gif
It's great how much stuff you can fit in that Smoke Vault isn't?

Hey Paul, great job my friend. I feel for ya on the winter weather. I talked with Gypsy earlier today, he was smokin in the rain, it was nice here, but only got up to 27 for a high, its 19 now and too dang cold to feed the fire, I just put the butts in the oven. Here are a coupla pictures.
3 butts, spare ribs, peanuts, bacon, scalloped spuds, and spaggettie(sp) squash.

Montana "DELUXE" wind break

Were having fun now.
icon_biggrin.gif

Rich, the Hot Hungarian in my opinion may be a better taste than Jalapeños for flavor ... not much heat though! I add a shake or two of Habanero powder to the cheese filling to kick it up a notch....
Sweet baby bells are tasty too ... again for me, I just dust her up with a little Habanero powder.

Thanks to all for your kind comments ... you guys & gals are the best!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

I decided to try marinating the ribs in apple juice like some members have suggested and decided against the 3-2-1 method.
Smoked with mesquite and maple for 3 hours and basted with BBQ sauce for the next 3½ hours ( propane ran out for a short time) at about the 5 hour mark.
Let me tell you ... I would love to enter this batch in a competition!
Just a light tug and the meat pulled away from the bone, moist tender and sweet.
Crap ... I just got hungry again!
icon_redface.gif
icon_eek.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky