Where to buy a Gen 2.5 40" MES?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mfreel

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Sep 4, 2013
Omaha, Nebraska
Thought I could cut to the chase. Where can I get a Gen 2.5 MES 40"? I think the correct model number is 20070115. Any ideas?
TIA!

What PID are you going with and how are you wiring it? If you have directions I would be interested in seeing them. Will there be a significant advantage of having the PID vs. just setting the temp you want and hoping it stays within + or - 10°.

the one at cabelas is $322 now.

have you guys with the cabelas models had any issues with temp running away when you are using the blue tooth?
I paid $275 from Cabela's when it was on sale. They also price match in store or on line if you find one cheaper but want to buy from them. (read their price match policy first)

I haven't used the blue tooth yet. I use my maverick for keeping an eye on the temps as I can go any where in my house and it wont lose signal. I've heard the bluetooth is very good.

I paid $275 from Cabela's when it was on sale. They also price match in store or on line if you find one cheaper but want to buy from them. (read their price match policy first)

I haven't used the blue tooth yet. I use my maverick for keeping an eye on the temps as I can go any where in my house and it wont lose signal. I've heard the bluetooth is very good.

they had a better sale on them a few weeks after Xmas, I wish I had made my mind up then to go this route, now my indecision is likely going to cost me $50. I have a maverick but its an older 73 model, its got OK range, but its not great and my smokers are about 100' or so from my house which has a steel roof and siding so if the remote isnt by a window I am screwed. no way that blue tooth would work for me so that is kind of a wasted option for me. I wish I could find a Gen 2.5 with the RF remote instead, or even just a regular unit with no remote but less money.

I was in the process of building a fridge conversion to electric with PID. After all materials it was going to cost me around $400 to build and this MES 40" actually had a bigger cook chamber so I said screw it and bought the 40".

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky