when does meat accept smoke the best

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And you'll learn what type of wood to use with different meats I prefer pecan with beef and hickory with chicken and apple with pork
And you will learn that everyones taste is different with woods and meat.

Beef for me is Oak and Cherry

Chicken is Pecan and Cherry

Pork is Hickory and Cherry

I like Cherry
biggrin.gif

Reactions: buggman
Darn the bad luck well its ony one more day can't wait till the weekend so i can cook something good.

Mhchops

I'd like to get some cherry wood can't find any around here
check with home depot online they have 18 pound bags for about 20 bucks my local home depot had 20 pound bags in stock but not on the shelves had to go online to get them

That was what i was thinking that the first few hours with good smoke and the rest i can just wrap and let cook with the exception of pp i love the bark i got to have some mixed in or it just isnt right.

Last edited by a moderator:
I'd like to get some cherry wood can't find any around here

I think its going to be hard to find for you. Cherry trees are native to the northern hemisphere. I would get a tube smoker from a mazin products and order some cherry pellets. I prefer apple over cherry

Joe

I think its going to be hard to find for you. Cherry trees are native to the northern hemisphere. I would get a tube smoker from a mazin products and order some cherry pellets. I prefer apple over cherry

Joe
 I am in NW Florida and have black cherry trees growing in my yard.

Oh poopers.... Scratch what i said..... I thought you were talking about Louisiana,brazil
.....lol.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky