What's wrong with my smoker???

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
And the results are........terrible!  The chemical taste was so strong the ribs weren't fit to eat.  Another load tossed in the trash.

Before I try smoking anything else I'll scrape and pressure wash the smoker to bring it back to almost new condition.  Bummer. 

Thanks to everyone who tried to help, but it was too late, and I may be helpless. 
frown.gif

Your not helpless we knew that there was a good chance the creosote was already there. Good idea on the scrape and pressure wash I would then re season it. Now that you know how to control the temps and keep the TBS your results should be much better. Also remember we are here to answer any questions or just bounce ideas off of don't get too upset about it many of us have went through the learning curve

You should be good for future smokes once you clean it out. Now that you got temp controll and TBS down you will have some good Que!
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky