Whats on the Menu for the Weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

chisoxjim

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
Jul 25, 2007
Saturday right around the corner, and time for me to fire up the smoker(no time mon-fri).

Saturday:

couldnt pass up Babyback ribs on sale for $2.99(even though I have done BB's for the last 3 weekends now). Picked up a 2 pack of nice looking unenhanced ribs. I am on a roll with babybacks since I switched to my own rub recipe, and am looking forward to another good smoke. Probably going to do the glaze while the ribs are resting like last time 1/2 Open Pit, and 1/2 Thai bbq sauce.

Also picked up some jalapenos for some ABT's. I liked the last batch so much where I kept the pepper whole, and cut a slit from the tip up to the stem, and stuffed with a chunk of cheese, and a chunk of sausage before wrapping in bacon, I am doing this method again. This time some Boback's polish sausage lil' smokies, and some gouda cheese. Maybe make a salad of some sort to go with the ribs amd ABT's.

Should be in the 40's tomorrow, but dry.

My daughters 3rd birthday party is next weekend(for that I am doing a butt, some wings, and ABT's)

what are other folks smokin' this upcoming weekend?

sounds good.

I was looking for some beef ribs to throw on tomorrow as well, but the market I was at didnt have any.

Cedar Key Seafood and Art Festival. I have already smoked a Pork Butt, but the Kids, who were coming up from Orlando, had to cancel due to the Little one being sick. Now what am I to do with all this pulled pork??
icon_wink.gif

I have a pretty full weekend to start here in a short time. The menu starts with 2 7-9 lb briskets, then 4 butts for pulling, then we move to the turkeys and bring up the rear with 2 pork loins for slicing. Not a bad weekend but really all this is for our middle daughters wedding on Sayurday afternoon. Wish me luck.

Congratulations and good luck. Can't get away with doing BBQ for a wedding around here. People are too caught up in having 200 people at a wedding in a hall, etc. My wedding was considered a small one at about 140 people.

Right on! I think it is more of the "expectation" of what people want around here. My wife and I wanted a small backyard wedding. By the time her parents were done we had 140 people in a hall with a DJ etc.

I was one of the bets weddings I had attended, drank a ton, had the photos before the wedding so we could enjoy our cocktail hour, and had all our friends and family there, but it wasn't really what we wanted.

I'm not smoking a thing this weekend. Going to be cold and rainy here. We might be going to Dover for the competition on saturday, won't decide until tomorrow morning for sure.

I think I'm going to smoke a chuck roast on Sunday. All of you Floridians, Publix has chuck pot roasts on sale for $1.99/lb. this week! I think I'll grab a couple. Should be great smoking weather in the sunshine state this weekend, sunny, dry and low 70s - at least here in north central Florida!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky