Whats on the Menu for the Weekend?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Got some good deals this week on slae, smoking drumsticks, hot dogs, beef ribs, pork ribs, (1/2 rack each) a fattie with Johnsonville sweet Italian, and ABT's. Couple big taters. Really would like to get up to Sam's in Wichita, 200 miles round trip.

got the legs for 1.29, beef ribs for 1.19, sausage for 1.99, CSR's for .99 (all big family packs I break down and freeze.)

Chili on Sunday I think. Watch Diners, Drive-Ins & Dives on the food channel with Guy Fieri.
icon_smile.gif

stopped by my local butcher on the way home to pick up a couple of T Bones for the grill. while there he motioned me over and told me he had an over load of nice spares and he'd give em to me for .99 lb.
i bought 3 racks and after i smoke those sun (if they are good ribs) i'm going to stock up.

Made a few recipes that a couple people posted on here. Did some buttermilk brined chicken (thanks to Chisoxjim) with some corn, and scalloped potatoes. For dessert smoked up some caramel apples dumplings (thanks Cowgirl).

Everything turned out real good. Had to eat quickly and rush out the door to work for midnights. So didn't get any pics of it.

Ah, you all Floridian's have the best of the world during our winter months, but I wouldn't trade you all during the summer!
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

Enjoy your smoke and keep us rainy, drizzly cold folks posted! BTW...nice deal on the roast, what'll you serve up with it?

Looks like our weather is going to be ok, not great. I bought two butts gonna smoke one for pullin' and curing one (Thanks for the help Ronp) and see how it turns out. I can't eat any of it, though thanks to a bad gall bladder. I'm on chicken and turkey. Pork is for my dad (turns 79 next week).

quick trip to the grocery store before I get to rub down the bb's, and prep the ABT's, gettin hungry already.

I am going to braise a few segments of the bb ribs for the filling for some chili rellenos I am making for tomroows supper.

no rain out west of chicago, cool today, mid 50's tomorrow.

yuck, we have had our share of rain this year, and this past week.

just sitting down to watch the O.U. v Texas game. Prep is done, ribs rubbed and ready, ABT's ready, and rsome bb's in the crok pot braising for tomorrows chili relleno stuffing.

There were some bronto sized beef ribs on sale @ the store, so i picked them up for tomorrows NFl games.

did some spare ribs last week on the rib-o-lator and they turned out great.
think i will do some tonight as well. or maybe salmon.

i season with grillmor sweet rub

about 1hr or so in i spray with a mixture of coke and bbq sauce.

this is my smoke box, i get about 1hr out of it fefore i refill.

they tasted good.

here is some salmon i cooked on the rib-o-lator for a contest. took 1st place

bob
www.ribolator.com

Well lets see here-yesterday I did 2- 10 pound pork butts for pulled pork sammaches today. I also had 2-4 pound chuckies on that will be used later this week for my shredded beef enchaladas and for supper last night I tossed on some hotdogs and brats.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky