Wild Card Weekend Menu!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Rafter H BBQ

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 18, 2013
S.E. Idaho
Hey all, first off my apologies for being so hit and miss here the last while! Sometimes when life happens your hobbies get put on the back burner for a while! So hoping here soon to be back on more and more!

Anyway, just wondering with you football fans if you have a plan for some Wild Card Weekend eats?! This is my favorite weekend of the playoffs!

So far we are trying to decide whether to go with some beef or pork steaks, picanha or some beef ribs… Sides so far are some cowboy caviar and trying to figure out the rest as we go depending on what we decide to go with from the above mentioned!

Making some jerky as well to snack on!

Anyway be interested in what you all are planning on to watch the games if anything?!

Not sure yet, still working on it.
Made a South Shore Bar Pie last weekend.
South Shore Bar Pie 2024-01-07_1.jpg

South Shore Bar Pie 2024-01-07_2.jpg

Hey all, first off my apologies for being so hit and miss here the last while! Sometimes when life happens your hobbies get put on the back burner for a while! So hoping here soon to be back on more and more!

Understandable Brother - no worries! You been dealing with some stuff!

Anyway, just wondering with you football fans if you have a plan for some Wild Card Weekend eats?! This is my favorite weekend of the playoffs!

So far we are trying to decide whether to go with some beef or pork steaks, picanha or some beef ribs… Sides so far are some cowboy caviar and trying to figure out the rest as we go depending on what we decide to go with from the above mentioned!

Making some jerky as well to snack on!

Anyway be interested in what you all are planning on to watch the games if anything?!

Spoken like another guy from northern climates LOL! I've been whining all day in another thread about how cold it is here LMAO!

All your options sound great - but the next time my smoker or grill sees the outside of the garage, the sun will be shining and I won't be able to see my breath :emoji_laughing:

If we do any football food at my house this weekend, it'll have to come from the local pizza place!

Red

Weather permitting a brisket on Sunday. Supposed to be an atmospheric river Saturday so frozen NY pizza I brought home will have to do. Its a bye week, so smoking in the pouring rain not a priority.

The menu next week will be determined by opponent. Planned smoking menu is:

Eagles-Turducken or a brined turkey, chicken and a duck.
Rams-Racks of lamb
Packers-Brats and other sausages from my favorite sausage shop in Oakland
Lions-Catfish and ribs
Bucs-Seabass and swordfish

As long as the 49ers win in 2 weeks I will be eating stadium grub the last 2 games.

Pork shots, scorpion shrimp and ribs are definitely on the menu. Probably some wings too. One night, then I’m sure it will be Mexican finger food the next night. Ribeye nachos or some such. May do birria tacos also.

Have no clue on food menu... hoping the wife makes it home from work later tomorrow... been gone since Tuesday morning. But pretty sure some warm me up drinks will be had! That and taking care of the youngest dogs whisker sickles!

Ryan

Just my brother and I watching the Browns game today. Weather is cold and very windy. I'm doing sliders and Wagyu dogs. I have some great pulled chuck frozen so doing sliders with it. Aunt Millie carb smart Hawaiian rolls with chuck, smoked cheddar and caramelized onion and a Worcestershire aioli. Snakeriver Farms Wagyu dogs with my homemade Coney sauce on carb smart buns. Also made a big batch of homemade Cole slaw.

That Peacock deal sucks. Same for Amazon Prime games, not everyone has Prime. Total BS
Amazon makes the broadcast for the Thursday night games available realt time to non members at Twitch.tv/primevideo Agree with you on Peacock although it's not much different than the few games a year that are on NFL Network only. FYI for Peacock almost every Black Friday and at least once again per year they run a deal for $0.99 a month. for a year. I've posted that between 2 email address for 3 years now. Also right now if anyone is an Instatcart+ member you can get Peacock for 1 year free.

although it's not much different than the few games a year that are on NFL Network only.
That's not been an issue with watching the Pats,I've an antenna that receives the Boston affiliate that broadcasts the in market game(s). Everybody wants over my house for NFLN and Prime games if its the Pats.

Reactions: jcam222
Tried to look this up, not sure what it is . I hope not serious.

David
No nothing serious, just something we go through many times daily!

1000004135.jpg

This is actually not bad... she wasn't outside long enough, normally she has a white ring around her nose from sticking her nose into snowbanks and icicles hanging from her whiskers... thus I dubbed them whisker cicles!

Ryan

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky