What's for lunch?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

bigfoote

Fire Starter
Original poster
Nov 10, 2012
Hot Springs Village, AR
I had two butts from Sam's and put on my rub (Worcestershire powder, smoked sweet paprika, Chipotle pepper, garlic powder, salt and pepper, and a couple of other things), wrapped and let them sit in the fridge for about 8 hours, then smoked using apple and plum wood low and slow (about 17 hours between 210 & 240 degrees).  I frequently spritzed them with 50/50 mixture of apple juice and apple cider vinegar.  Here they are at 181 degrees internal.

I took them off at 195 internal temp, double wrapped in foil and kept in ice chest for a couple of hours before pulling.As you can see from the next pic, the bone came out clean.  I stilled stuffed from lunch.  I might have over done the Quality Control.  (I put them on around 4 PM yesterday and took them off just after 9 AM this morning.)

My wife made coleslaw and we made pulled pork sandwiches.  Used a little Original Head Country sauce and topped them off with slaw.  My favorite thing to eat is usually what I just cooked.  Enjoy the weekend.

Thats one hell of a lunch. Great job.

Thanks.  It was very tasty.  Planning on smoking a prime rib Thanksgiving, and I can't wait.  That's might be my favorite thing to eat.

Huh? breakfast time here this morn asI read this,    some of that with my scrambled eggs??? Those look great

It'd make a heck of a pulled pork omelet.  Thanks for all the good comments.  I'll try to post the prime rib I'm doing for Thanksgiving.

Pulled pork omelets are one of my favorites.

ve7a2asa.jpg

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky