What's cookin this weekend

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I'm doing a venison and spicey Italian sausage meat loaf today, tomorrow I'm doing a smoked butternut squash bisque with roasted red pepper, wild HOTW mushrooms and sausage.

Don't know yet.......finally a weekend with no swim meet for the kids and I don't know what to do with myself. LOL

bb ribs for sure, probably for SUnday, maybe something for tomorrow, Ill see what looks good at the store at lunchtime.

I will be doin spares with a new rub, a new recipe for beans, and abts with some pp from last weekend as part of the filling. Just wandering, does anyone else have trouble sleeping the night before a smoke or is it just the kid in me?

Going to try drying out from this week's rain. Bummer...

I'm gona try those St. Louis Style ribs Bbally did the tutorial on.
This will also be the first time I try to keep them on and not foil. If I do foil it might just be as little as 45 min or so. Gona have 2 water pans under them anyway.

I've never prepared them that way before and am dying to give this a try.

... and of course Dutch Beans

Doing some Chicken Cordon Bleu in the smoker along with some ABT's and a couple of fatties. Celebrating two birthday's this Sunday-my two oldest daughters have January birthdays.

Oh yeah-Raspberry Cheesecake for dessert!

grabbed a couple slbs of the bb's ($2.99/lb - unenhanced). going to do them tomorrow

Also got a BRT sirloin tip roast. gonna smoke that tomorrow with the ribs to have it ready to slice for Sundays football games.

I think I'll be tring some cornish hens I haven't smoked them before I have always grilled them but what the heck. I'm sure they will be good to. Maybe some sausage or something too.

got about a 8# butt rubbed and in the fridge goin in at 10 tonight for pulled pork lunch tomorrow. First smoked meal besides sausages and first one with my new gosm instead of my big plywood electric. Wish me luck!

I was chosen to cook for late company x-mas party....Lucky me
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif
. I will be getting up around 5am and firing up the lang.. 30lbs of pulled pork and 2 large brisket flats.. 40 shrimp and crab filled abt's and of course dutch's beans... Happy smokes to all !!
icon_mrgreen.gif

Starting a brisket early on Saturday. Then I'm going to pre cook/smoke some chicken breasts and pork sausage on smoker for 40 of my first ABT's later. Maybe Sunday try my first fatty?

I'm going to be throwing some T-Bone's on the grill, mover over to the smoker and hit some chops with a little hickory, then finishing it off with a crappie and shrimp fry.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky