What's a Picanhas and what's better about it.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
As others have stated, the roast is popular in high end Brazilian steak houses and is more often than not their quintessential offering. They are a superb cut of meat, but has also been stated, if it's overcooked it can destroy the flavor, tenderness, and texture. Here is a post I did a few months back with a Pichana roast done on the rotisserie of the Santa Maria grill. this meal came out fantastic?? I have three more in the freezer, one of which was gifted to me by our good friend Jake ( TNJAKE TNJAKE ) in our Christmas exchange. Cannot wait to cook that baby!!

Please keep us posted if you decide to pull the trigger.
Robert

Here's a smoked then seared Tri tip . Great piece of meat .
Look at restaurant supply wholesale outlets. We have a Chef's Store nearby and they usually always have it. It's packaged in larger portions, packer sizes, so I have to break it down and freeze. The Chef's Store is a wholesale brick and mortar outlet for the commercial food supply company, U.S. Foods, but will sell to the general public. But the quantities are large/larger than what some may need at one time.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky