What kind of ribs are these?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

atcaw94

Original poster
Mar 19, 2010
The package said "Texas style", and they were in the pork section. Figured something was up with the way the bones are. Cooked them to the correct temp, and were dry as hell.
PXL_20201216_213547979.jpg

If you have a dog, you're all set for the next couple of days. Otherwise, I cannot help.

Loin before the meat was cut off, they have little fat, they are marked Texas style around here, tough to cook without foiling to steam them a bit, basically a center cut porkchop that wasn't cut apart just trimmed.

Reactions: TNJAKE
They come in a short rack and no idea where the name came from

Actually, not a joke ,lol.
Here's a pic of the package.
PXL_20201216_230022851.jpg

Loin before the meat was cut off, they have little fat, they are marked Texas style around here, tough to cook without foiling to steam them a bit, basically a center cut porkchop that wasn't cut apart just trimmed.

Yep, I smoked them like baby backs. Mistake...🙄

They looked like any other slab of ribs in the package. Once I got them out and flipped then over, I was like WTF?

Hi there and welcome!
Looked like a cutting mistake to me that got labeled as something special. I'm from and live in TX and never seen ribs like that. Probably good for a soup or crock pot but I wouldnt do much else with em.

I think someone got clever with the labeling haha.

If you an salvage any meat from them I would cube it up, vac pack it & use it the next time you make chili.
Al

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky