What is your smoking project for 2010?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
For me it would be Pastrami. I have seen so many mouth watering Pastrami smokes on here but have yet to try one for myself. After that I would like to do a brisket. My smokes are usually BB's, Tri Tips and some Butts. I need to branch out a little bit next year!!

1. Talk BBQEng's wife into allowing him to build me an "Iron Maiden".

2. Buy some land near Cowgirl. So we can go over for some neighborhood visits........say around dinner time.......LOL

3. Learn to cook a great brisket.

4. Learn to smoke some salmon.

5. Try to become half the smoker most of you are.

6. Become an OTBS member.

This would constitute a great year.

Get goin on some sausage and bacon - Just ordered the TQ today from Mortons since I can't find it in any stores around here

lol Pepeskitty, come on out!
biggrin.gif

Great thread Laurel!

I have enough smokers.....but
One thing I'd like to do in 2010 is finish building a fence around my patio area.
I'd also like to build a counter with sink for my patio. This is where I hang out during the summer. I've got a table, a bar, my UDS, a vertical smoker and my big gas grill out there.
My horizonal wood burner is too heavy for me to move onto the patio so it sits off by itself.
Also can't move my smokehouse or cinderblock pit any closer.

I guess what I hope to do in 2010 is spiff up my patio cooking/lounging area.
PDT_Armataz_01_01.gif

I would like more time to work on making sausage, and some unconventional foods to smoke. Also, a cabana type overhead for my smoking section of the yard.

Thats not to hard but I am knocking them off in pretty fast order.
Smoke cheese.
Make more and differant sausages
Make real bacon with pork bellies
Build my low temp smoker.

Brisket, pork, fish, side dishes,etc..........I just got my smoker, doing some of the mods, need to season it...........a 59 yr old Virgin...........keeps me young.........I'm very excited about smoking something for my family to eat...........

First off I want to try some bacon. Really got a hankering to give it a try. The biggest project though will be my daughters wedding reception in July. They want me to BBQ brisket, pulled pork and maybe ribs. It will be a pretty good sized group, so I'll have my work cut out for me. I've gotten a lot of offers from friends with rigs, but I may just try to do them in the freezer conversion. Anyway I'll be picking a lot of your brains, especially you folks that cater and do big events.

Smoker for sailboat when i cross the atlantic to england is my biggest priority...Smoke fish and the meat i bring along the way etc....
PDT_Armataz_01_37.gif

Someone on here was talking about a web cam to see the temps. The more I think about it the better it sounds. Check the smoke without coat hat gloves and brr from outside sounds better and better, especially during those 3a.m. brisket runs.

what he said ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
i got # 6 this year but got ta work on rest!!!!!!!
#6 for me help a friend get into comp smoking
icon_smile.gif

lol, jk. I declared 2010 a Smoke Odyssey for myself. Being new I have a ton to try and learn.
Goal is to smoke something every week. I will try to do as many different things, but I am not restricting myself by not allowing repeats. I hope to learn and improve so if that means doing repeats until I get them down that is the goal (I hope that means more than one smoke a week but we will have to see.)
A few things I am really hoping to work on:
sausage
wild game
fatties
Great thread!
Godspeed,
bigslick

I've got a barrel in the garage and a new slicer for Christmas. So I'll say to get the UDS built and give some new smokes a try for that slicer. Like roast beef and belly bacon.

1. try my hand at brisket
2. learn more about brining
3. take a BBQ judge class & judge a few events
4. enter a BBQ comp.

Keep working on my rubs and bbq sauce
finish the mods on my smoker (tuning plates, extend chiminy to grate)
smoke some salmon
do some pulled pork

Finish the UDS (first test run was near perfect) first smoke will be 1-2-2010,continue with my jerky venture-along with some new flavors-work to get my bacons selling as well as the jerky.Work on my snack stick seasonings.Proscuitti & Salami.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky