What is up with the MBS 40? Getting hard to find.

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Thanks Todd. They had four on the floor at my local Sams club today. The remote is nice but I wish it had a backlight. It's hard to read in dim light.

Great everyone is jumping on the band wagon. I have a good friend that's in the market for a smoker. I think i have him sold on the new one.

So the remote dose not have a back light. Not a issue just have to mod it
PDT_Armataz_01_12.gif

The new ones are just hitting the selves so keep looking. I don't even have them around here. Best i can tell from the post there in CA, TN,PA.

If anyone wants one bad enough and can't find it I could pick one up and ship it.  Does anybody that has one already know the dimensions on the box and how much it weighs in the box?

I ordered one from Cabella's today, and just got an email saying it was on back order.
mad.gif

That shouldn't take long. I got mine yesterday. That Cabela's had 5 on the floor & 39 more in their warehouse. Theirs are all stainless, inside & out. Will finish unpacking today, and start cleaning up the old one for storing.

The Sam's are stainless inside & the door. It seems a lot of Sam's aren't getting then until Spring (Seasonal thing). Cabela's always has smokers, and probably the closer it gets to Christmas, the better chance for a sale on them.

They still have the old one at the same price!  Go figure!

Bear

b0cc3158_Photo10280837.jpg

The new 20070211 hit the Sam's locally just saw it today. I like the wheels very nice added touch.

Last edited:
Never done cold smoking.  Looks interesting but I need to read up on it to understand how it works.  Does that product just sit inside my existing smoker?

I ordered Item #: 173462 Sunday from Sam's website when they had a few available for a couple days.  It came today and from the box it looks like the new model with wheels, handles, and remote.  Score.  I was expecting just the regular 40.  $298 and free shipping. 

Never done cold smoking.  Looks interesting but I need to read up on it to understand how it works.  Does that product just sit inside my existing smoker?
Yes ti just sits inside your smoker and produces smoke. Hence the term cold smoker

Last edited:
Puck,

Good Score!!

Is the outside all stainless or are the sides painted?

Todd

Puck,

Good Score!!

Is the outside all stainless or are the sides painted?

Todd
The Sam's club 40'' is 20070211 black sides. The only new model all stainless is the 40'' 20070311 at Cabela's. Bear has one hopefully we can see some more pics of it soon.

By the way it is $399

Thanks.  I might as well order one so I can try that out.  The price sure seems good.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky