What I like about stick burners!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Another nice thing about stick burners is, you can actually burn sticks. You can gather windfall wood or maybe get some from a tree trimming job - I did that when my neighbor's maple was brought down and had smoking fuel for two years. Now I'm on the lookout for more.

Have 30-inch bow saw. I need to make a good set of sawbucks.

Another nice thing about stick burners is, you can actually burn sticks. You can gather windfall wood or maybe get some from a tree trimming job - I did that when my neighbor's maple was brought down and had smoking fuel for two years. Now I'm on the lookout for more.

Have 30-inch bow saw. I need to make a good set of sawbucks.
Absolutely! I know a guy that owns a tree service. I have plenty of oak and hickory on my place but I love pecan as well. When I need pecan, he always comes through.

Absolutely! I know a guy that owns a tree service. I have plenty of oak and hickory on my place but I love pecan as well. When I need pecan, he always comes through.

Do you ever buy oak firewood and use it for fuel? I'm thinking why am I burning bought smoke wood especially if I wrap the meat up. I could use oak fire wood a lot cheaper but my problem is I haven't learned how to tell if it's really oak or not.

I cut my own oak on my land. I love using oak. Many times after wrapping what I am cooking I will bring in and put in oven till I get my IT

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky