What generation is this Cabela's MES? $99

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
My smoker is a MES 30 Gen 1. Not fancy. No window. No problems with heat diffusion due to the RH exhaust. As with all MES smokers, the therms are totally inaccurate, but a good digital therm solves that problem. It puts out great Q.
As far as problems fitting an AMNPS in, no problem. But I added a mailbox mod (very simple, very cheap, very effective).
It holds more than enough meat for Miss Linda and me. If you plan on feeding an army, then definitely go for the MES 40. But I can easily cook for 4 adults and 2 kids (that's the most I've ever fed at one time) in my MES 30.
Gary

Reactions: Thundamonkey
My smoker is a MES 30 Gen 1. Not fancy. No window. No problems with heat diffusion due to the RH exhaust. As with all MES smokers, the therms are totally inaccurate, but a good digital therm solves that problem. It puts out great Q.
As far as problems fitting an AMNPS in, no problem. But I added a mailbox mod (very simple, very cheap, very effective).
It holds more than enough meat for Miss Linda and me. If you plan on feeding an army, then definitely go for the MES 40. But I can easily cook for 4 adults and 2 kids (that's the most I've ever fed at one time) in my MES 30.
Gary

Thanks Gary,

I usually only cook for 6-8 adults (4 spatchcocked chickens and some sausage) but I do have a few buddies who have me do their birthday parties and it ends up me doing 2-3 rounds in one day with the smoker and that becomes rather trying near the end when 40 people are looking for more smoked goodness from me lol.

I have a good wireless dual probe setup, so that will be easy to adjust once I get a new rig going. Thank you for the reminder

Thanks Gary,

I usually only cook for 6-8 adults (4 spatchcocked chickens and some sausage) but I do have a few buddies who have me do their birthday parties and it ends up me doing 2-3 rounds in one day with the smoker and that becomes rather trying near the end when 40 people are looking for more smoked goodness from me lol.

I have a good wireless dual probe setup, so that will be easy to adjust once I get a new rig going. Thank you for the reminder

With that volume I'd get the 40 or 2-30's :D.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky