What Foods are on Your Won't Eat List?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
There's not much on my list. If I kill it I eat it including ground hog. This summer I'm goin to smoke one and see how it goes.
Peas
black licorice
kim chi (never heard of her so I really can't say)
sushi
Insects/worms raw

I was going to add those duck eggs to the list but under the right circumstances I would be able to choke one of those down again.

anyone who has seen me knows there is not much I will not eat. a few items that are no way, no time are:

liver (any type)
sushi (just can't see eating fish bait)
brussel sprouts
navy beans
tripe
anything seasoned with curry

I've only eaten lamb a couple of times & didn't really care for it, but it was probably more the way it was seasoned than the meat itself.

Not a fan of oysters.
Not a fan of organ meats. Although liver with good peri-peri (portugese pepper we get in South Africa) is good - but I think its just because its so spicy you don't taste the liver.

Rocky mtn oysters are good
Tongue done right is great.

Have tried bugs - no thanks.

Believe kim chi is some rotten asian food. No thanks.

Rosie - no thanks!!!!!

I hear ya'. That stuff is foul.
icon_eek.gif

Properly prepared Rocky Mountain Oysters are awesome!!!!!!!!
Most resturant ones suck!!!
Go on a cattle drive and have them fresh fried up for breakfast
PDT_Armataz_01_34.gif

One thing I would never eat I saw while working on a purse sien boat in Alaska....all the other deck hands were locals Tlinket indians and they would take a big bowl of salmon roe and put in the fridge until it grew a thick covering of mold over the top. They would then remove the mold and eat the rotten egg glop that was left over. They loved this stuff
PDT_Armataz_01_33.gif

I dont do guts

and for some reason I HATE watermelon???? I will eat canalope honeydew and any other melon but I cant stand even the smell of watermelon.

LOL. guys. I think most of you have never tasted some of the food you hate so much. R M Oysters are great and tongue is fantastic. Preparation and method of cooking is key. Live a little in 2010 and try one or two of the things u can't stand.

MEATLOAF!

We must of been forced fed it as a kid becase my brother and I coiuld be at a State Dinner and would turn our nose at it. LOL

Asparagus
Canteloupe
Black licorice
Blood (sausage, pudding... whatever.)
Jell-O
Uni (sea urchin served at a Sushi bar. There are few things that you instinctually want to spit out. THIS is one of those.)

Past that... I eat about anything. I've had raccoon, skunk, opossum, prarie dogs (call 'em squeaks in Oregon) nutria, horse, cougar (the cat fellas.... the cat)

Mine is a bit strange probably.

1. Cottage Cheese (I would eat 10 buckets of rancid monkey testicles before I ate a spoonful of that abomination of culinary creation.)
PDT_Armataz_01_32.gif

2. Sour Cream
3. Cream Cheese
4. Yogurt
5. Bleu Cheese
6. Any other cheese that smells like dirty feet.
7. Cauliflower
8. Tofu
9. Kohlrabi
10. Beets
11. Meekrob
12. Lentils
13. Fiddlehead ferns
14. Sea beans
15. Candy Corn

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky