What do you guys do or use to lock up your smoker on a trailer?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Kevin Haynes

Smoke Blower
Original poster
Nov 4, 2018
I'm having a 500 built on a trailer and live in the city and will be parking it in the back driveway. Apparently smokers are some of the most stolen items right now. So what do you guys do or use to lock them up? Tounge will be facing alley obviously. Any suggestions? Leave one wheel off? Cable through the axel? Thank you guys!

A lock only stops an honest thief. Might wanna check into a storage unit. Maybe hide a gps tracker on it so if it gets stolen you can track it.
I don’t worry about such things where I live.

Reactions: Kevin Haynes
a couple of Rottweilers should do it, can you put a lock through the tounge to keep locked closed so they can't slip it on a ball.
Yes I will have some sort of ball lock. Just didn't know if anyone recommended a certain brand. I will probably leave one wheel off as well.

Since you are having it built can they make the tongue removable like the pic?

E2B64A8B-8EDE-4561-968C-778AD99E8CAB.jpeg

Reactions: Kevin Haynes
Shirley does a removable tongue. They just use a 2" receiver and pin. You can use a ball lock and put a chain through the wheels.

RG

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky