What’s Your Avatar?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
The second Rodney Dangerfield-themed avatar in this thread...

I always thought he was hilarious, and Caddy Shack is on my short list of all time favorite comedies. I found this screen shot from the movie years ago, and it cracked me up...I've been using it as my avatar ever since.

Red
"When you buy a hat like this, I bet they give you a free bowl of soup huh? Oh it looks good on you though....."

Love that movie too!

Mine is pretty simple. Had a litter of Weimaraners a little over a year ago. We expected a "normal" litter size of about 6-7. Our girl had 13 and we were suddenly a little overwhelmed.

We had taken her to a friends house to wait while she was in heat, and my male dog wasn't interested in her anymore...but when she came home it still happened. She was young (why we wanted to wait a year or so) and wasn't great with so many puppies so it took a lot of help from us. My son was 6 at the time and loved those puppies like no other. He had them very socialized and ready for their homes when it was time for them to go...and cried for a week straight when they did. My avatar is a pic of him when he fell asleep with one.

Since then we've had the dam fixed (cause we're not doing that again) but we still get update picks from the families once in awhile and its been fun!

My first smoker--a used Walley World El Cheapo--and our two black Labs (sisters from the same litter)--got them at 8 weeks old. Pic taken from the back door on our 10 acres of bush land. We lost Miss Linda's Addie (farthest from the camera) 7 years ago to bone cancer of the jaw, and Miss Linda still gets teary on occasion. My old hound, Roxy will turn 14 in about 2 weeks, but she's fast showing her age. Won't be too long and there'll be one totally devastated and lost redneck left behind.
Gary

• Sad
Reactions: bauchjw
Mine is the 2nd smoker that I purchased and the one that really got me into the hobby. Made some great food on that thing. When we moved, I ended up getting rid of it with the thought of getting a new smoker.

Needless to say, I walked into Walmart this past Fall and they had a few Pit Boss on clearance. Picked up the tabletop one since that size works fine for my family.

Mine is from the headwaters of the Snake river with the Tetons in the background. Rafting is a family activity for us, and any day on a river is a good day!

My current one is the cap I bought at Highland Hammock State Park in Sebring FL and ground zero for the South Florida Gathering.
Previous ones (of distinction) were my Weber Jumbo Joe and my brother's fire pit pizza oven.

I'm blaming the tequila on this pic.
Tequila, or rather teKILLyah, makes me nauseated just thinking about it. We were at a New Years Eve party December 31, 1984 and Jose walked in the room. A little salt and lime my a## and he ain't no friend of mine. For some reason I got it in my head that I was a bigger, badder man than him. The next day I begged him to let me up and promised that if he would, I'd NEVER mess with him again. To this day I've kept that promise...

Tequila, or rather teKILLyah, makes me nauseated just thinking about it. We were at a New Years Eve party December 31, 1984 and Jose walked in the room. A little salt and lime my a## and he ain't no friend of mine. For some reason I got it in my head that I was a bigger, badder man than him. The next day I begged him to let me up and promised that if he would, I'd NEVER mess with him again. To this day I've kept that promise...
I'm the same with Canadian Mist. You should have seen the technicolor yawn I did! My going away party when I went into the service in 1981. Haven't touched it since.

I'm the same with Canadian Mist
Interesting. For me it was Canadian Mist and Mad Dog 20-20. July 4th, 1980. The Beach Boys concert on the Mall in Washington DC and the Great American Smoke-In. That was my alcoholic Pearl Harbor. Damn did I get bombed...and oh so sick!! That was over 42 years ago and I've not touched either since.
It's funny how we remember such things
Funny perhaps but I also consider it a blessing. If we forget, we are likely to repeat :emoji_wink:

Robert

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky