What’s Your Avatar?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
ok, so just got around to updating mine, it is my coveted Grandpa tumbler that gets used a lot.
Haha, we got one of those for my Pop, he drinks Diet Pepsi out of it during the Day and Gin & Tonics from it at night🤣 He can’t really move around much anymore so it’s always by his side!

Reactions: tbern
I always assumed it was a stealth bomber patch!
Yup

Pin I got at Whiteman AFB 509th.

I sure do miss it, every time I see the Spirits fly I get all choked up. My son when he was in Afghanistan he would tell his unit buds , See the b2 up there dropping bombs on the bad guys, my dad built that.

The patch we had before anyone knew what it was.
ctf5.jpg

I also worked on fighter jets, F-5, T-38, F-20, F-17 before they were FA-18.

The Tiger could take photos from horizon to horizon front to back and side to side.
tigre.jpg

Nifty idea for a thread.

I keep having neat interactions with falcons, and their various caretakers, in a lot of interesting places all around the world (mostly bird... sometimes F-16 fighter jet... thankfully not both at the same time, so far!). This one posed for some excellent desert sunset photographs, one of which just lends itself perfectly to avatar purposes.

• Love
Reactions: bauchjw and tbern
Mine is the the very first brisket that I cooked on my Weber 22 Kettle. I have the Slow N Sear set up with a Fireboard 2 controller.

Reactions: bauchjw
Mine is a picture of one of the most memorable parts I've worked on in my career. I'm a machinist and own a shop that does quite a variety of work. Bulk of it is hydraulic pumps and cylinders. But also lots of farm equipment parts, heavy equipment parts, and parts for equipment dealers. Well as you'd expect I have a number of customers with paving and road construction companies. One day one of my regulars showed up with the cutter drum from an asphalt planer that had self destructed. I will never forget having that thing complete with teeth spinning in the big lathe while I recut the mounting surfaces for the stub shaft
IMG_20220613_102935404_BURST000_COVER.jpg

Well, the OP's thread was a wake up call for me. My avatar was one of my cars, a 1988 Porsche 911 (930) turbo slantnose which I had for around 20 years. Sold it a few months ago so I guess it's time for a new avatar.

Reactions: bauchjw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky