West Yellowstone Grilled Prime NYs!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
Those are some pretty gaunt deer even for mulies.

I was through the area a couple weeks ago to visit my SIL (brother passed May 2022). Traffic was pretty heavy on US-20 even in midweek. We dropped from Bozeman by Henry's Lake to avoid that POS road through Big Sky.
The price for diesel once into Island Park was ridiculous even before this last gouging jump.
Oh I hear ya……the park can get crazy but my wife “knows” the school schedules and the off times…..we hit the off times and don’t go crazy. We come up here at least once a year any sometimes we don’t even go into the pay part of the park. Many don’t even know there is a huge part of the park that isn’t a fee to enter and you can see lots of stuff people free!
Cave Falls is a nice visit.
Not part of Yellowstone, but Mesa Falls in Idaho is worth the side trek. The road south through Warm River and up the gorge is amazing for the transition from forest to farmland. My son was awed by the sudden change.

I enjoy great meals while roughing it. You made it over the top.

Reactions: civilsmoker
Those are some pretty gaunt deer even for mulies.

I was through the area a couple weeks ago to visit my SIL (brother passed May 2022). Traffic was pretty heavy on US-20 even in midweek. We dropped from Bozeman by Henry's Lake to avoid that POS road through Big Sky.
The price for diesel once into Island Park was ridiculous even before this last gouging jump.

Cave Falls is a nice visit.
Not part of Yellowstone, but Mesa Falls in Idaho is worth the side trek. The road south through Warm River and up the gorge is amazing for the transition from forest to farmland. My son was awed by the sudden change.

I enjoy great meals while roughing it. You made it over the top.
Thanks FA! Yes traffic on US 20 gets crazy. A few weeks ago would have been the trailing peak time. There is a corridor study on it to try to figure out what to do with it…..but the spectrum ideas is wider than the Grand Canyon…….

Oh the rule for fuel is you fill up in Montana (West Yellowstone) and you skip till St Anthony…… that planning will save a $1 a gallon….

Yea there are so many things to do outside the actual “pay” park you really don’t miss it….. we usually like our trip here a few weeks later because all the schools have started and the numbers are way down…

Ps I was thinking the same thing….those deer are not looking good with winter just around the corner…..this past winter was really hard on all the herds.

Oh boy aam I envious!! I lov camping (Tracy not so much) bust just being in that environment would be a welcome change being that I bet it's not over 100 degrees the the scenery is gorgeous. Lets not overlook that meal though. Absolutely outstanding!! A truly decadent meal. If that's "roughing it" I'd take that every day :emoji_laughing:
These guys came in tonight to see if they could get a plate of veggie left overs
So cool. Honestly though, that's our property pretty much every day. The deer around here are like rats and very destructive to the plants. They are cool to watch though.

Robert

Oh boy aam I envious!! I lov camping (Tracy not so much) bust just being in that environment would be a welcome change being that I bet it's not over 100 degrees the the scenery is gorgeous. Lets not overlook that meal though. Absolutely outstanding!! A truly decadent meal. If that's "roughing it" I'd take that every day :emoji_laughing:

So cool. Honestly though, that's our property pretty much every day. The deer around here are like rats and very destructive to the plants. They are cool to watch though.

Robert
Thanks Robert, yea not 100 deg…..81 was the high….39 at night so just about perfect weather! Oh and yes just a change of pace is a good recharge…. Yea deer in a residential setting are very destructive, but cool to look at for sure……

Here is breakfast this morning……
Prime NY, over easy eggs, hash browns, & bacon….. searing the fat side of the NY….the edges don’t color on a flat top, it needs a rotation to do it right….
4BFE8B51-BD91-4FE1-873C-15088446D708.jpeg

NY is getting a nice sear (in bacon grease) and the hash is getting toasty…….
1815038F-1624-48A3-85B4-5A7406DFE048.jpeg

Bingo the timber china loaded up with the griddle eggs….the NY was seasoned just with S&P and the bacon grease……
7C022795-BE15-400F-92B6-4BFCA7E09D36.jpeg

Man oh man this was heaven!

Last edited:
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky