Weekend Feast and QVeiw......PP is the star of the show

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
QDog what a great post. Nice job with the qview - would you care to review the rubs and what you liked and might change

Sure
As mentioned we had Jeffs and Bilbos. Very different Jeffs is more on the side and Bilbos bringing more of a heat complex. Everyone liked Bilbos but everyone really like all of the combinations. My wife and I were talking tonight and we both think out of all the rubs we have tried we will start to use bilbo as a base and start to modify, starting with a bit more sweet. However i think Jeffs would shine on ribs and bilbos you would not want to "cake" on so much. If I were to rate as is I would give Jeffs a B+ and Bilbos an A. Hey just mixing the 2 together might be perfect, now that I think about it!

cheers!

Great Q-view!!!!

Ya just gotta love a good oll barked up pork butt. And those looked pretty fantastic.

Beautiful spread!!! thanks for such great q-view of the process.  Gotta lot of my favorite comfort foods on that plate - including the beer, of course!  I'm ALWAYS tweaking my rubs, just depends on what I'm looking for that day.  I'll have a big shaker of a basic on hand all the time, but it's so much fun to experiment with them. gonna go find that Bilbos rub asap!

Fire is always more entertaining with Beer! I like the way you do things! 

So let me ask... how was the switch to Lump?  I've wanted to try, but always get cold feet in the store when i'm buying fuel...  I just feel like i can pack the basket with less wasted space when I use Kingsford Blue, but I hear lump lasts longer... Whats your take?

Fire is always more entertaining with Beer! I like the way you do things! 

So let me ask... how was the switch to Lump?  I've wanted to try, but always get cold feet in the store when i'm buying fuel...  I just feel like i can pack the basket with less wasted space when I use Kingsford Blue, but I hear lump lasts longer... Whats your take?

I wouldn't say it lasts longer, pound for pound maybe so. I too was nervous trying an overnight using lump for the first time. I took a bit more time loading the ring and she burned for a constant 10 hours on 8 lbs. When I use blue I think I used more lbs but it would burn for a good 12 hours. Also from what I have read not all lump is equal. However I will be using lump from now on. It smelled wonderful and seemed to burn much more natural, what ever the he'll that means. Another advantage is the lack of ash! I was amazed on how little ash there was left, the ring would have been plum full with king blue. i was very pleased and looking forward in trying different types in the future. Also want to use in the Performer searing some steaks since it burns so hot! Give it a try I think you will like
Cheers

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky