Weaponized Chili??

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
I heard somewhere that the peppers were used to protect crops from marauding elephants tearing up and eating gardens. They make a fence and grow the plants into the latticework.

I have eaten this pepper before on several occaisions, and it is the hottest thing I have ever tried in my life. A few times a year, a restaurant in Cambridge called the East Coast Grill creates a menu of nothing but hot items. Its called Hell Night. Its received national exposure on Man vs Food and some other tv shows, so you might have heard of it.

We are actually going again in April as we never miss it when they have it. The burn is real real bad and it burns for a good few minutes, but it fades away eventually. It actually is not as bad as I thought it would be, but then again I can handle really hot items.

The next day the burn continues on the brown eye, but its all a small price to pay for a good meal! Chili-heads unite!!!!!

I use to LOVE hot stuff but has I am getting older I am liking hot stuff less and less. I shouldn't say I like it less I just don't like things to be as hot anymore. My hot tolerance is lowering I guess you would say. My wife keeps getting mad at me saying you use to love really hot stuff what happened? I am starting to like my meat more on the sweet side so that is where we clash. She wants her ribs/chicken/wings hot and I want them sweet. What can you do?

I read that last night... Pretty nuts!
icon_redface.gif

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky