Water Bomper off to California

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

badss

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Sep 30, 2007
Hi All,
With so many people linked to flying I thought that I would post a picture we took a couple of years back when we had the worlds biggest water bomber here in Slave Lake, Alberta Canada when we had forest fires threatening our community. Look closely on the wing...yes...it is a person. This thing was absolutly huge and to see it fly was simply amazing. It almost looked like it was in slow motion. The aircraft is called the Martin Mars and is only one of two left in the world flying. There originally was 4 that was owned by the US Army and then sold to Canada. One crashed losing 4 flighht personell and the other was damaged beyond repair in a storm. This particular aircraft is now flying out of Prince Rupert, British Columbia, Canada. I spoke with one of the engineers and he said they actually go inside the wing to service components of the engine its so big! If you want to learn more and see more pics of this remarkable plane ...google it and type in Martin Mars and you will find their site. This particular aircraft left BC this morning to go help fight the fires. The fires in California are absolutly unreal and our thoughts and prayers go out to all that have been effected by this tragedy. Hopefully nature will help out and spin the tides for all the unfortunate people in California and bring them much needed rain! BADSS
68e2aec9_vbattach15395.jpg

We sure could use those great bombers, just getting them quicker would really help, what with all the man power stretched out beyond limits. None the less, we are greatful.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky