Warming the tummy

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
With the cooler weather arriving, and the non-stop rain this weekend. I thought it'd be a good time to replenish my chili stock. Not too many pictures to bore you with. As I've posted my chili making process before, but here are a couple of the finished product.

Here it is in the crock pot after cooking basically all day.
DSC05273.JPG

DSC05276.JPG

...and yummy for my tummy.

DSC05280.JPG

LIke I said short with heat. Thanks for hanging with me. Basically this is a brisket chili with ground beef, assortment of peppers ranging for sweet to hot, tomato paste, whole tomatoes, med yellow onion, chili powder, cumin, kidney beans, beef broth, garlic, and cayenne powder. There are probably an item or two I'm forgetting as I made it on the fly with stuff we had in-house.

Chris

Nice , Love me some chili, and I like mine with some bite . The other 3 folks in the house ....Not so much.
So have to add my heat later in my bowl

I could jump in a couple bowls of that Chris

David
Thanks David. My wife isn't into the heat so any chili I make is just for me. That is unless one of my kiddos happen to stop by.

Oooohhh yeah I’d be all in that cup. Looks great Chris. Nice work.
Thanks Edge. It didn't turn out to bad for a meal made with in-house ingredients.

Chris

Nice Chris . I love that cheese . I have 4 blocks in the fridge , 3 are heading for the smoker soon .

Reactions: gmc2003
Yes sir! bowl full of happiness right there. And that cheese!!!!! I picked up a hunk of habanero Jack cheese at kroger last night and summer sausage. That and some Ritz crackers was my dinner last night.

Jim

That's the great thing about chili, John. Roll with what you got and how you feel. I'd stand in line for a bowl of that. Looks very good!

Nice Chris . I love that cheese . I have 4 blocks in the fridge , 3 are heading for the smoker soon .
Thanks Rich, Habanero is one of my fav's also. I bought a few blocks last year intending to smoke them, and then I forgot about them in the fridge.
Great looking pot there Chris! I'll be looking for that cheese.
Appreciate it Colin. It's widely available around here, but that may be because it's made here.

Chris

Reactions: Colin1230
I bought a few blocks last year intending to smoke them, and then I forgot about them in the fridge.
I just did 3 blocks that were 3 years old that I forgot about . One was Vermont white cheddar . It's fantastic . I have a couple more that are 1 year old .

Yes sir! bowl full of happiness right there. And that cheese!!!!! I picked up a hunk of habanero Jack cheese at kroger last night and summer sausage. That and some Ritz crackers was my dinner last night.

Jim
Good choice Jim. Cabot is a cheddar, but your right it goes well with Ritz, and thanks.
It's good to have a nice bowl of chili anytime. That cheese looks interesting.
Appreciate it Chris. This chili tasted great. Just enough heat. My only regret was not cutting the brisket cubes smaller. They were a little bigger then a single bite. Habanero cheddar is one of my favorites. It works well for many applications.

Chris

Reactions: JLeonard
That's the great thing about chili, John. Roll with what you got and how you feel. I'd stand in line for a bowl of that. Looks very good!
Thanks Schlotz, We're quickly getting into chili and stew season here, and this was good practice.
Looks great Chris!! Is that cheese nice and hot?? I love Cabot cheeses.
Appreciate it Jeff. It's got some heat to it, but when it's smoked I feel the heat increases.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
I just did 3 blocks that were 3 years old that I forgot about . One was Vermont white cheddar . It's fantastic . I have a couple more that are 1 year old .
Ha sounds like we were in the same boat Rich. I stored mine in the narrow draw and it was out of sight out of mind for a while. I found them looking for some peppers I knew I had.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky