Chili

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well I started this cook yesterday, and finished it up today by making a nice pot of chili with that chuckie I smoked.

I started out by cubing up that chuckie and adding some rib roast cube that I had cooked earlier this summer:
DSC05186.JPG

Then I had to choose some peppers that Peter Piper picked. Before he pickled them. I'm not a pepper aficionado but the package said hot.
DSC05187.JPG

a small sampling of what I used. A couple are missing after I decided it wasn't enough.
DSC05190.JPG

I minced half the peppers and tossed the other half into my food processor. Then i pulsed them until they had a relish consistency. Also added were half an onion(same treatment as the peppers), can each of tomato paste, and petite diced, cumin, chili powder, beef broth, garlic and a little over a pound of ground beef.

Into the frying pan they go:
DSC05192.JPG

Heat it up on low, stirring occasionally until you get the desired thickness.
DSC05195.JPG

Then into the crock pot and add the rest of the meat: I let this cook for about 6 hrs. Until the cubed meat was tender.

DSC05198.JPG

Bowl #1
DSC05202.JPG

Bowl #1 shredded cheddar added.
DSC05206.JPG

Second verse was the same as the first, and now I'm full. Thanks for hanging with me.

Chris

It does look really good! Better yet when that first cold snap hits... been emptying grain bins today... it was hot.
But I like mine with cheese and crackers please! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Looks great Chris . Looking forward to the first pot here , and some hot dogs .
Went from damn miserable heat and humidity to high of 75 yesterday . Almost needed a jacket .
Made some homemade soup for supper last night . Hit the spot .

A fine looking bowl there Chris, nice work! I go for lots of cheese on chili, don't have it very often.

Reactions: gmc2003
Can I have some jalapeño cornbread with my bowl please? Looks mighty good.

Jim
Thanks Jim, that jalapeno corn bread sounds great.

It does look really good! Better yet when that first cold snap hits... been emptying grain bins today... it was hot.
But I like mine with cheese and crackers please! :emoji_blush:

Ryan

Appreciate it Ryan, That cold snap isn't too far off, and I'll be revisiting this again when it happens.

Chris

Looks fantastic, Chris. I use straight cubed beef for chili anymore ...... we all like it better here at home.

Looks great Chris . Looking forward to the first pot here , and some hot dogs .
Went from damn miserable heat and humidity to high of 75 yesterday . Almost needed a jacket .
Made some homemade soup for supper last night . Hit the spot .
Thanks Rich, Our heat wave really broke a couple of weeks or so ago. It's still hot, but not too hot. Now if the dang rain would only stop. A bowl of good homemade soup sounds really good. I'm gonna have to give the wife a couple of subtle hints.

I'm in for a nice big bowl of your chili, looks and sounds great

David
Appreciate it David, It's chili time when the freezer fix'ins are there. Basically a no out of pocket cost meal between what's in the freezer and on the pantry shelf.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
A fine looking bowl there Chris, nice work! I go for lots of cheese on chili, don't have it very often.
Thanks Ray, I love cheese on top of my chili. We have it two sometimes three times a year. It all depends on whats in the freezer.
Looks fantastic, Chris. I use straight cubed beef for chili anymore ...... we all like it better here at home.
Appreciate it Doug. I prefer cubed beef also, but I had to backfill with some ground beef this time. Not enough steak to make it thick.

Chris

Reactions: DougE
Heck yeah Chris. That is a bowl full of yumm right there. Those assorted chilies look like habanero, Serrano and some variety of pequin or “small” but usually pretty warm, all in all I’d say it had plenty of heat. Nice work.

Heck yeah Chris. That is a bowl full of yumm right there. Those assorted chilies look like habanero, Serrano and some variety of pequin or “small” but usually pretty warm, all in all I’d say it had plenty of heat. Nice work.
Thanks Edge, The heat index wasn't as high as I was hoping for, but it did have a good bit of afterburner. I think I managed to help it along with tossing them into the food processor seeds and all. The liquid and smallish pieces distributed well throughout the whole pot of chili.Also thanks for the identification. I a newb when it comes to chili's.
I'd eat a couple bowls of that any day !!
Appreciate it Mike. It was a good belly filler.

Chris

Looks delicious! Looks like you got some Thai, serrano and have, should have a nice little kick.
Thanks Jeff, it had some kick, but not what I was expecting. I may add some cayenne powder to what's left. Just to juice it up a bit.

Chris

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky