Vortex Chicken Thighs

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

BrianGSDTexoma

Smoking Guru
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Aug 1, 2018
North Texas, Texoma
Got some really nice hand cut chicken thighs from Market Street. Boy am I going to miss stopping at that store on way home from work after retiring!

Injected with some butter and left for 3 hours. Dry skin and season.

20210205_165932.jpg 20210205_165939.jpg

Fired up grill with about 2/3 chimney. Cooked for 40 minutes. Internal temp was 195. About 30 seconds over coals each side. These where really good. Some of the best done in a while. Really juicy and skin perfectly crispy. Several years ago I forgot about Rice-A-Roni on stove and came out really crispy on bottom. Was so good. I keep trying to duplicate it and get close but just not like it was that time. Corn has been pretty good lately for winter corn.

20210205_182818.jpg 20210205_183133.jpg 20210205_183901.jpg

Thanks for looking.

Looks great ... accidental Crispy rice interesting ... as they say, all progress depends on failure 😁

Late Christmas here with a couple friends ... got one a vortex (for her Weber) ... maybe have her try it out on my BGE today or tomorrow.

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
Great looking meal . One of our go to's . Perfect temp for thighs .
Nice work .

Last edited:
Man Brain, that's a really nice looking meal right there sir. Great job. those vortex's are getting really popular and I can see why. Folks turning out some fantastic looking food.

Robert

Great job Brian! That chicken looks delicious and perfectly done!

Ryan

Man Brain, that's a really nice looking meal right there sir. Great job. those vortex's are getting really popular and I can see why. Folks turning out some fantastic looking food.

Robert
Thanks Robert. I really like it. I run it lower temp than most. Only about half fill it up.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky