Update On Chef Jimmy W / An Address

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
Got another PM from Amanda (daughter of chef jimmyj chef jimmyj ) last night. Looks like he's having a rough time of things but she sounds positive so fingers crossed and prayers continued. Some of you had asked about sending cards so Amanda shared an address for those who wish to send a happygram.

Copy and paste:
"Thank you for posting, i looked and saw some of the comments and it makes me beyond happy knowing so many people are taking a moment to even send get well wishes 💙

So, I went and saw my dad. When I walked in he was asleep, so I woke him up a little, said hey, and told him I was there to talk to his nurses, case worker and possibly the doc on today. He just kinda mumbled an OK, and then fell back asleep.

His case worker: I asked Kylie(amazing woman) about the 3 different diagnoses we had been given, and basically he has all 3- he has cellulitis, went septic from pneumonia, and they were having trouble with his blood pressure being low bc of all the fluids. I asked about how they are managing his lymphedema, and basically he didn't want wraps or the air pressure cuffs because his legs are EXTREMELY tender to the touch.

When I got his nurse: his dinner came at the same time, so I woke him up, and he saw me and was a little emotional because this was the first time any of us were able to get out there to see him (car issues). So he was overjoyed was there, and was gushing how his nurse for the night, Larissa, is an angel and the only one to take care of him. 😆 I asked him to please eat at least something as he had no appetite the last few days, but today he was hungry during lunch, and he at all the meatloaf, mash, and broccoli (minus 1 floret lmao). Larissa also told me they had to take him off the antibiotics he was on because he was having an allergic reaction, and when I was there I pointed out he had red splotchy rash all over his neck and up on his scalp a little too. He said it itched and asked me to scratch it, then said it hurt

Dr never came by, but I spent most of my time just leaning on him, asking about what was wrong and how he felt, etc. Then the wound nurses came by to check his heels and legs.

He has to cooperate with PT and OT, or he'll end up in long term care. Mom and I both let him know that, and we're helping Kylie find semi close rehab facilities

*and to post for everyone so they can also be updated** Thank you everyone for the positive thoughts, vibes, and prayers💕

I saw questions about cards, you can send them to 44 Outback Dr, Emporium, PA 15834**

Thank you for your help and support. We will keep you posted. We are going to see him again on Thursday, I'll do my best to remember to send you a message when we get home.

-Amanda "

Please keep the prayers coming. He's not out of the woods by a long shot.

Robert

unnamed.jpg

• Love
Reactions: chef jimmyj
Wow this is sad thanks for the update Robert. Com JJ we still need some more of your wisdom. You still owe us a couple things at the next gathering. Prayers for you and your family my friend.

Warren

Reactions: chef jimmyj
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky