UMAI in cure chamber?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

golfpro2301

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jun 6, 2012
Jacksonville, FL
I ordered bunch of UMAI bags few months ago but since then I have finished curing chamber. I dont want them to go to waste so thought about doing Some Marianski recipes but with UMAI bags and put into chamber after fermenting. Do you see an issue with using them in 55F and 75RH?
If it is I could always wait for current batch to finish and drop temp down. Rather not have freeze cycle that much in 90F weather though

Umai bags are ment to be used in a regular fridge. Not a chamber.

Reactions: daveomak
Yeah I have fridge loaded now with them but need more room. If using proper cure and culture i dont see why It would matter if fridge or cure chamber. Saw few posts about being done with larger pieces of meat and drying time was same in fridge and chamber. Havent seen anyone post about doing with sausage. I have about 75 feet of bags so ill give it a try

GP, morning... UMAI bags lack oxygen... Bad stuff can happen above refer temps...

Also, in the food community, it's a bad idea to change process controls... We have no idea why some controls were put in place and what happens when we change those controls....

Stick with the manufacturers directions....

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky