TSM Red Roof

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jkc64

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Dec 7, 2011
Portland, TN.
Got a call from TSM this morning to verify that I still wanted the smoker and shipping address. They also wanted to make sure someone was going to be there to sign for it. Tracking shows Friday delivery, we'll see given the holiday shipping and the weather moving in.

Got it Thursday and unpacked it enough to verify there was no damage. Planning to get it put together this week and hopefully ready to use next weekend. I went through the instructions and there way no mention of seasoning it. I'll call TSM next week and see what they say about it.

Wash all the racks and rack holders, your wood pan. Put it all back together and fire it to 250 if you can get it there, do a burn in for and hour then lower the temp with some wood and season the inside for couple hours.

Awesome new toy and a great Christmas time gift!! Enjoy it and post up some pictures when you get a chance.

Was going to put it all together today. The bottom edge is damaged, I'll call TSM tomorrow and see what needs to be done. It's not real bad but for the price...
smoker1.jpg
smoker2.jpg

With 50"+ of snow this weekend and driving is banned, hard telling when I can get hold of them. Just hope they are all ok.

Reactions: TNJAKE
TSM is a good company, I bet they make it right...prob snowed in or out.

I went to their store once, lots to look at.

They emailed me Thursday for pictures. They offered an exchange or partial refund. I don't think the little bit of bent metal will create any issues so I'm just waiting to see what they offer.

Reactions: TNJAKE
They emailed me Thursday for pictures. They offered an exchange or partial refund. I don't think the little bit of bent metal will create any issues so I'm just waiting to see what they offer.
I was going to say a nice partial refund would be great

You use a full pan?
Yes, a full level pan. If you want longer smoke time dont be afraid to mound up the dust. TSM sells 5lb bags of dust on amazon.

If your doing sticks add about 4 Tbsp of water to the dust, when you start at a temp of 145-150 start the smoke rolling, The semi moist dust will produce a plump stick.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky