Traeger Turkey smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kerstingm

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Apr 21, 2013
Ohio
Are there any DIY suggestions on what I can do to help my Traeger reach and maintain temps when outside temps are cold?
Not really wanting to fork out $150 for their insulation blanket, or is it worth buying if I use it threw out the winter?

I plan on buying a moving blanket for about $15, the temps wont be any where high enuf to worry about catching any thing on fire and theres no open flame. That said my smoker is under a carport with concrete floor and if it burnt down nothing else would be harmed.

Reactions: kerstingm
If you can find an old moving pad or welding blanket for decent price that will work. Up here it can be a struggle to maintain temps as well. With the pellet poopers they use almost twice the amount of pellets to do smokes. At $30/ 40lb bag it gets expensive, but well worth it for me.

Reactions: kerstingm
Never considered a moving blanket, I have several from old moves.
Thanks for the DIY quick fix

Turkey in the brine 20181121_170356.jpg

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky