Tiny brisket

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

SmokingUPnorth

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Dec 7, 2017
Michigan UP
I got my dad a 22” kettle for Father’s Day since he was always asking me questions about me smoking. And he loves it so far. However he picked up this little brisket and I’ve only done two full briskets so not too experienced with them or one that is pre seasoned it looks like? He was asking me for times and what not for it. I’ve never seen one packaged like this. Anyone have tips on time to smoke or if it even needs rub added?

Attachments

• Resized_20230721_192529.jpeg
    Resized_20230721_192529.jpeg
    165.2 KB · Views: 35
Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma

SmokinAl SmokinAl has got you the hook up. I did the same type of brisket as what your dad has just like this.

Jim

Reactions: BrianGSDTexoma
$10 per pound!
Give your dad some help and purchase a whole packer and butcher yourself as Al gave instructions.
Al's post stops after the butcher as he cured his meat. I've noticed that cured meat cooks a bit different than raw.

I wouldn't add any rub as the preseason stuff is usually way too salty for me and any sane person.
Offset and 250° worked for me.

I do small flats on occasion, but Kroger is mighty proud of those at that price. I usually get them from Aldi , they have them on and off through the summer under 5 bucks/lb.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky