This sounds cheesy...

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

jmusser

Smoking Fanatic
Original poster
Jan 11, 2020
Picked up some Pepper Jack and Mild Cheddar for first cheese of the season. Smoked with applewood for 2 -3 hrs. Threw in a few string cheese and some imitation crab sticks, because why not. Great for gifts to neighbors and relatives along with some left for us here. Crab was pretty good. Only did an hour on it. Might try again. Pretty basic smoke but great results!
IMG_1679.jpg
IMG_1681.jpg
IMG_1682.jpg
IMG_1685.jpg

Great looking load of cheese. I never thought about smoking those crab sticks. Intrigued. You said they were pretty good. Do you think they needed longer. Or shorter smoke time?

Thanks Steve. Totally on a whim. An hour was perfect for me. I only tried one. My grandma took the rest! Might add a little profile to crab alfredo or something like that.

I was thinking Jambalaya. But the wife would like alfredo. I'm not a huge fan of it. I have a pack of the chunks. Actually 5 or so packs. I like adding that is salads and chowders as well. I might try a bag tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.

Good looking batch of cheese! Good idea with the crab, I never would've thought of that either. Now I'm wondering what shrimp would be like? As long as done when cold so smoker temps stay under 40 degrees.

Ryan

I was thinking Jambalaya. But the wife would like alfredo. I'm not a huge fan of it. I have a pack of the chunks. Actually 5 or so packs. I like adding that is salads and chowders as well. I might try a bag tomorrow. Thanks for the idea.
Pretty cheap item to mess with and see if it suits you. Good luck!

Thanks for the likes all! I have never done shrimp. I don't know if my Bradley would stay that cool. Maybe a "lovely" winter day.

Interesting on the crab sticks ... haven’t used/done that before, but your smoke has me thinking about uses. My sister used to like it with drawn butter. And sounds like a good snack. How did you use/eat it?

I snacked one and then packed a few in vac bags with smoked string cheese. Had me thinking too...

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky