Smoked Buffalo Crab Dip

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

kilo charlie

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 25, 2017
Iowa
Smoked Buffalo Crab Dip

20230719_180004.jpg

Nearly everyone knows about Buffalo Chicken Dip and nearly everyone knows I like to bend the rules... so here we go!

An 8oz block of softened cream cheese, 1/2 cup Buffalo Sauce, 1/2 cup Ranch Dressing and 2 oz freshly grated white cheddar cheese start in a bowl.

20230719_170631.jpg

16 oz real crab meat... picked through to make sure no shell parts are in there.

20230719_170636.jpg

Mix all the ingredients together well, then add the crab meat and gently fold together.

20230719_170931.jpg

Sprayed 10 inch cast iron pan, mixture added and smoothed out, then topped with another 2 oz freshly grated white cheddar cheese and 2 oz freshly grated Gouda cheese.

20230719_172122.jpg

Into the preheated smoker for 20 minutes at 350F

20230719_175018.jpg

Topped with some freshly chopped chives.

20230719_180004.jpg

Plated with some corn tortilla chips

20230719_181142.jpg

Thank you in advance for looking!

Gonna be honest........ .I'd eat the entire pan in a sitting!!

Luckily, I took some to my neighbor across the street who is my unofficial taste tester and I had a big lunch myself or I might have done the same!

Love crab dip. So easy when I lived in Seattle and got fresh.
The only thing missing from my recipe is some saute onion.

I've made a few versions of crab dip before. Never considered the Buffalo Sauce until now. It was definitely delicious although I might consider pepper jack instead of white cheddar next time.

Wow Charle that looks. Screw the chips I'd be eating that with my fingers.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: kilo charlie
That looks terrific. Bet it tastes great too!!!
As for bending the rules, I bet you could use pulled chicken or pork in it as well.
The chips look like Tostitos Rounds. My favorites.

I'm with jcam222 jcam222 .......I'd be hunkered over that pan with a bag of chips and growling at whoever came close!! Looks mighty good!

Jim

Thank you Jim! I totally understand that feeling!

Wow Charle that looks. Screw the chips I'd be eating that with my fingers.

Point for sure
Chris

Thank you Chris! I mean, you could use a spoon! Hahaha

That looks terrific. Bet it tastes great too!!!
As for bending the rules, I bet you could use pulled chicken or pork in it as well.
The chips look like Tostitos Rounds. My favorites.

Thank you! Traditionally, Buffalo Chicken Dip is made with chicken and this is just a different protein. Leftover pulled pork is a good alternative too.

Nah, none of us around here wold do that, would we?? :emoji_laughing:

More than welcome and thank you for sharing. That looks and sounds absolutely amazing!! Very nicely done and beautifully presented.

Robert

Thank you Robert!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky