Seafood Mac-n-Cheese

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

gmc2003

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Sep 15, 2012
Well the local grocer had lobster on sale this week for 7.99/lb. So I runs me up to their store and picks up two of them. Both are about 1.25 to 1.50 pounds. Since I didn't want to deal with boiling them I had the store steam them for me. Now if I could only get them to deshell them also.

So here they be: I didn't notice until I took them out of the bag at home. That one of them was missing an arm and claw. The wife called the store and they offered to replace it, but neither of us felt like driving the 1/2 hr back to the store. So we lived with it.
DSC05128.JPG

For the cheese. I used an 8 oz. block of Cabot Extra sharp cheddar, 6 oz block of Gruyere, and a handful each of Romano and Parmesan. All freshly grated.
DSC05132.JPG

The grated shoot:
DSC05136.JPG

Now the seafood: Bacon to the left, lobster on top, shrimp bottom middle, and scallops bottom right.
DSC05141.JPG

Gently fold in the proteins to the mac-n-cheese.
DSC05146.JPG

Until it's all incorporated:
DSC05147.JPG

Then spread it out in a casserole pan and bake at 350* until it's bubbling:
DSC05152.JPG

DSC05151.JPG

Then it's chow-down time:
DSC05155.JPG

Appreciate ya hanging with me. I had to resize the pictures so I hope they show up.

Chris

I would eat that 8 days a week !!
John, Paul, George, Ringo and Mike the fab five. LOL.

Thanks Mike I was all over my bowl, and my wife woofed hers down faster then I did.
OH MAN, all day any day is what that is!
Appreciate it Civil. It's for-sure a seafood diet that I could live on.

Chris

Chris, I'm only a state away , I'll be right over. Seriously that meal looks incredible !
Thanks Dave. If I remember correctly you're in Northern NH. So it's what 2 1/2 hrs at the most. Swing on over.
Talk about an almost instant post with the same thought!
It's like deja-vu all over again.

Chris

Reactions: civilsmoker
Wow , Looks great, but not for me . Mona would be all over that in a heart beat.
Best of both worlds for her , Mac and Cheese and seafood.

Nice Chris

She was away for a while and just before she left her brother brought in for her and her mom, ( living with us now )
a little lobster ( 2 1/2 lb ) and some fresh caught Mackerel, and asked me to cook it up. Was going to post it but no plate shots as it was for them

Sorry don't want to take away from your great meal

David

Attachments

• DSC_7804.JPG
    DSC_7804.JPG
    111.2 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_7806.JPG
    DSC_7806.JPG
    127.3 KB · Views: 7
  • DSC_7809.JPG
    DSC_7809.JPG
    133.7 KB · Views: 9
Appreciate it David. No plated shots needed both of those dishes look outstanding. Your a good man for agreeing to let your MIL live with you and Mona.

Chris

BTW don't ever worry about hi-jacking a thread of mine. I find all info and convo's interesting. Who knows I might even learn something. Strange as that sounds.

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Thanks Jim. I'm about to scarf up a second bowl before I put it away.

Chris

• Haha
Reactions: JLeonard
Appreciate it David. No plated shots needed both of those dishes look outstanding. Your a good man for agreeing to let your MIL live with you and Mona.

Chris

BTW don't ever worry about hi-jacking a thread of mine. I find all info and convo's interesting. Who knows I might even learn something. Strange as that sounds.

Thanks Chris, yes they both enjoyed the lobster and fish, they insist on boiled potatoes and lots of butter when eating the fish , and well lobster is well lobster, They both like a good feed just every once in a while. That way it is a treat not just a reg meal.

Thanks for saying that about MIL, we had 3 people move in in the last month. Monas mom in with us , and gave the addition ( 16' x 40' ) like an inlaw but was my office and livingroom for a couple years. Mona's sister and husband moved in also as He is very sick and only so long to go. and she will just stay there after he passes. Very sad to see he go like this .

David

Man I'll bet that was rich and delicious! That Cabot and Gruyere are two of my favs to use. Been quite awhile since I've had seafood and this has me craving.

Reactions: gmc2003
Stay strong David. Your extended family needs you right now. My father and mother drilled it into my head at a young age that family is the most important thing in the world, and you always help out when you can. It sounds like you were brought up right.

Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man I'll bet that was rich and delicious! That Cabot and Gruyere are two of my favs to use. Been quite awhile since I've had seafood and this has me craving.
All of the above Jeff, and thank you for the kindly words. This time of year we see all kinds of sales on seafood. Even crab meat was on sale today. I thought about adding it, but figured it would have been too much.

Chris

Reactions: jcam222
that family is the most important thing in the world, and you always help out when you can.

Same here with my folks , that is just what you do. for who ever but especially family.

Just changes for our way we lived just the 2 of us. But now we are a close family of 5.
Gary the BIL was making a joke on a good day and said he was going to put a a sing and call it Kaulback retirement Home.

I just laughed as I went off to work. I am the only one working now. Mona retired to kind of keep an eye on her mom. Still doing good at 87.

David

Reactions: gmc2003
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky