This Site Is Too Expensive!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mouth-waterin

Original poster
Apr 5, 2012
Sweet Home Alabama
Every time I come here it gets my mouth ta waterin and I have to go to the store and get something for the grill. I just bought 2 bags of wood chunks, 40 lbs of charcoal, 2 packs of center cut pork chops, 2 pork fillets, 2 family size packs of chicken wings, and some spicy conecuh sausage for to keep me from going crazy while I'm cookin up the rest of it.

The weather is suppose to be great tomorrow, not so great Saturday so I guess I have to cook the whole mess up tomorrow! Hmmm, I guess I can suffer through it.   
nana2.gif

That is why i buy anything and everything when it's on sale and why i have 3 freezers LOL.

Welcome to The world of SMF

That is why i buy anything and everything when it's on sale and why i have 3 freezers LOL.

Welcome to The world of SMF
I agree, I watch the store ads every week and get whatever is on sale.

Well, the stuff was suppose to be on sale, but, you know how they do, just make you feel better about buying it. I have to eat something, at least it wasn't steak!

I ALWAYS pick to expesive hobbies: boating, golf, RVing, grandkids, and now smoking.  I can't win.  LOL
Tell me about it! I thought getting a motorcycle would be a good buy to help on gas mileage. I didn't know about the rear tire only lasts 8,000 miles and costs over $200.

Tell me about it! I thought getting a motorcycle would be a good buy to help on gas mileage. I didn't know about the rear tire only lasts 8,000 miles and costs over $200.
Tell me about it!! I need 4 cycle tires replaced .. Ohh Boy ... guess da ole mans will be first
31.gif
least I can ride on the back
laugh1.gif

No specials look like they are real deals in the markets anymore ...

The expense of a motorcycle is not the repairs to the bike, it is the repairs to your body,   Ask me how I know
Oops.gif

I spent my big screen tv money on a smoker instead. Now at least I'm outdoors in the fresh (smokey) air, drinking beer, and listening to country music on the radio.

I get plenty of exercise cutting down oak trees for future smokes and for heating the house in the winter.

Though new to smoking meats, I love the game.

Tom

I had a bike and have grandkids (9) and the bike was so much cheaper LOL 

This site is expensive!

It has cost me more than I can tell you!

Having said that, I have had a lot of fun and some great food because of what I have learned here.

Good luck and good smoking.

.... not to mention the cost of a whole new wardrobe! Damn pants keep shrinking around the waist.... keep having to buy new ones!
laugh1.gif

I try to buy on sale for later but the sales aren't that good anymore! I've got grand kids, which are expensive enough, then they decide they want jerky, snack sticks etc so the $$$ keeps going into  the smoker for them!!!! But we have fun smoking, so for me their enjoyment is worth the time, effort and $$$. 

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky