This is pure torture !!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

misterdk

Fire Starter
Original poster
Dec 12, 2010
Apopka, FL
I just had a hip replacement done on Monday morning (8/27). I got home from the hospital on Wednesday afternoon and it has been pure torture. Not only can I not get to the smoker, but the wife still isn't ready to try it on her own. I am dieing for something smoked. ANYTHING smoked.
th_crybaby2.gif
Just the thought of a brisket or some pulled pork, or maybe some turkey breast, or ham. Can you go through smoked food withdrawal?
eek.gif
 Everything on here looks sooooo good. I can't wait to be able to get back out to the smoker and see that wonderful blue smoke gently rolling out the vents of the smoker. To once again smell the meat slowly cooking and filling the air with that wonderful aroma of meat and smoke. and the taste....
grilling_smilie.gif

Sure wish I had an indoor smoker that I could get to...
icon_idea.gif

Awe heck! another Vicodin and some scooby doo with the kids and maybe I will be able to forget for a little while longer.
icon_cry.gif

Well keep up the posts - especially the pics, and somehow I will make it through till I smoke once again.

Duane

This is the reason that most of us have a stockpile in our freezers - good luck and heal fast 

I know the feeling of SFWS (smoked food withdrawal syndrome)...good luck with that.  If you are anywhere near me I would be glad to bring you by some pulled pork...I have a couple of sweet butts on the smoker right now!

Get well soon!

Bill

This is the reason that most of us have a stockpile in our freezers - good luck and heal fast 
 I never have any left to put in the freezer. Maybe I need to smoke in larger quantities. But then I will need my own special freezer just for smoked food - that would work.

I know the feeling of SFWS (smoked food withdrawal syndrome)...good luck with that.  If you are anywhere near me I would be glad to bring you by some pulled pork...I have a couple of sweet butts on the smoker right now!

Get well soon!

Bill
 That sounds so good. unfortunatly that would be a pretty long drive from here in NY state. We used to take a trip to VA every summer. Couldnt get enough of the area. we even had a time share in williamsburg. but things got tight and we just couldnt do it any more. sure miss the people and sights of there.

MrDK, Heal fast and relax a bit.  It won't be long before you are back to smoking meat.  Yes, a freezer just fore smoked meat is a good idea.  I just got a fridge for curing bacon and plan on using the freezer for the meat I smoke.  Get well soon!  Steve

I know the feeling of SFWS (smoked food withdrawal syndrome)...good luck with that.  

If you are anywhere near me I would be glad to bring you by some pulled pork...

I have a couple of sweet butts on the smoker right now!

Get well soon!

Bill
Bill, Morning.... I have been to Prince George.... Nothing is near PG....
laugh1.gif
.... It is a beautiful part of the world....  Dave

You can always try " 2 " Vicodin and some Leg Quarters...Get well soon...JJ

You can always try " 2 " Vicodin and some Leg Quarters...Get well soon...JJ
 I wonder how  the Vicodin would taste if you smoked them? 
grilling_smilie.gif

Probably after a meal of smoked Vicodin you wouldn't care what body part had been replaced. Or for that matter probably wouldn't care if some had been removed either.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky