Is my meat ok?

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
You could use a brown paper bag too . Some grocery stores are selling the unwaxed butcher paper in the BBQ aisle around here .

First 3 out of the smoker. Took almost exactly 5 hours.
Pulled at 141-142 in the thickest ends.
2 more in cooking in the oven to compare.

chopsaw chopsaw found some butcher paper at a grocery store. I don’t use it ever so didn’t want to buy a lot. I’ll wrap one once cooled.
Sliced shot to follow.

Attachments

• IMG_0140.jpeg
    IMG_0140.jpeg
    304.6 KB · Views: 4
  • IMG_0141.jpeg
    IMG_0141.jpeg
    223.6 KB · Views: 4
Coppa Cotto fresh out of the smoker.
2 week seasoned cure. Rinsed. Finishing rub added and smoked. Took just under 5 hours.

I made 5 and wanted to smoke some. The other 2 I’ll make in the oven.
Just cooling down now, and hopefully making some Sammie’s for dinner.

just took a slice. This is soooo good. Can’t wait to slice it up for pizzas, sandwiches pastas.
One of the best charcuterie items I have made.

Thank you disco disco and all that helped during my hiccup.

Attachments

• IMG_0143.jpeg
    IMG_0143.jpeg
    190 KB · Views: 6
Looks great !
Slice some as thin as you can get it . heat some BBQ sauce in a pot , just to warm up . Don't boil .
Dip a few thin slices and go on a cheap burger bun . Really good .

That's a good sized hunk . I was thinking it was the Coppa muscle . Might be too mush to use the butcher paper .
Either way you done did good .

Reactions: hondabbq
Looks great !
Slice some as thin as you can get it . heat some BBQ sauce in a pot , just to warm up . Don't boil .
Dip a few thin slices and go on a cheap burger bun . Really good .

That's a good sized hunk . I was thinking it was the Coppa muscle . Might be too mush to use the butcher paper .
Either way you done did good .
These are Coppa. I got them from my hog supplier. They range from 1.5-2.2 kg.
I will be taking them to work this week and slicing and the into FS bags.

Reactions: chopsaw
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Clicky