Think I just saved my smoke

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tomolu5

Meat Mopper
Original poster
Oct 3, 2012
Pittsburgh
I think I just saved my smoke. I've had some beef jerky marinating in the fridge for a week now, and today was the day to smoke it. I've been fine tuning my recipe and 6 hours of cold smoke seems to be key. I went to light my Amnps today, only to realize I was out of propane. Since it's easter Sunday, nowhere local is open for me to buy propane and I am too impatient to light it with a lighter. I saw a post on here about making a cold smoke generator with a soldering iron and a tin can.
sy7a8u6e.jpg

The players
uqehy3ej.jpg

The product
uvuvypyq.jpg

Filled with a mix of cherry and mesquite chips
9evu5y9a.jpg
TBS is rolling. I am pretty pleased with it so far, I will let you know. Sorry for not starting a jerky thread, but I make jerky way too much to post about it every time! Hope this helps someone, I will keep y'all posted

Yeah, I had some evidence of that! It did get the job done though. I went ahead and pulled the trigger on a mailbox mod today, that's the only way to roll with an Amnps, Todd should make it a package!
py3y3une.jpg

Many thanks Jeff

Tom

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky