Thick Sausage

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

mamunoz

Fire Starter
Original poster
Aug 31, 2008
Phoenix, Az
OK I want to smoke some sausage that is about 2-3 inches around and than slice them think and diagonally much in the same way Arthur Bryant's does at their restaurant. I went to a specialty sausage store today and asked for the thickest they make and they looked at me like I was stupid. I probably am but I am sure it exists because obviously I have eaten it. It probably isn't naturally cased but whatever I can peel that off after cooking. Anyway can anybody tell me what exactly I am looking for so I can go back or find a place that sells the stuff. Thanks!

Get on SausageMaker or Butcher Packer and check out their casings, you should be able to find a casing about the size you're looking for. Also, don't hesitate to ask for them to send you catalogs; they're great for lookin through to see what's available.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Hot Threads

Clicky