Thermomoter question

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

pcdave

Original poster
Feb 19, 2009
Do you use a thermometer when smoking a fatty? Do you put it in the middle in the stuffing? Do yu put in in the edge to get the meat temperature? I'm getting ready to try a bacon cheeseburger fatty.

The dang forum keeps hanging up on me tonight. Anyhoo some folks put a probe thermo into the meat for the whole cook and some like me just cook the stuff for a while and check it with a Thermapen til it gets to 160*. Whatever works for you is the way to do it.

I don't bother with a thermometer when doing fatties. Just watch the bacon (if you use it) and when it starts to turn crisp, start checking. I use an instant read digital thermometer and just poke it in the middle. If not to 165 degrees or so, give it another 15 minutes. Hope this helps.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky