The Mythical LSG Pellet Grill is REAL!!!

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.
It was built to order so I doubt this is the case but do the fireboards need to update firmware? I don’t know how they work so just throwing a thought out there.
From a video I saw, was said that the controller FW comes at V1.0 and then it downloads latest when it feels like.
I checked mine and it 3.3.1. Don't know if came like that or was downloaded after I got it.

From a video I saw, was said that the controller FW comes at V1.0 and then it downloads latest when it feels like.
I checked mine and it 3.3.1. Don't know if came like that or was downloaded after I got it.
So did the machine fire up?

So did the machine fire up?
No problem there, just couldn't run the Step Program.
Ran at 165 for 1.5 hr, just finished 200 for 1.5 hours, now I am bumping to 225 for final curing stage.
Was going to do 6 hr, but cut back to 5 hr, so I have enough time left to let it cool, see how many pounds of pellets were used, then do the biscuit test.

UPDATE: Looks like it did run the Step Program.
So maybe I have to just start it running at some temp, then run the Step Program.
It was just powered on before when I tried.
Seems strange to have to do that.
Hopefully I get a response back from Fireboard.
First question I asked was Monday, and haven't heard anything yet.

No problem there, just couldn't run the Step Program.
Ran at 165 for 1.5 hr, just finished 200 for 1.5 hours, now I am bumping to 225 for final curing stage.
Was going to do 6 hr, but cut back to 5 hr, so I have enough time left to let it cool, see how many pounds of pellets were used, then do the biscuit test.

UPDATE: Looks like it did run the Step Program.
So maybe I have to just start it running at some temp, then run the Step Program.
It was just powered on before when I tried.
Seems strange to have to do that.
Hopefully I get a response back from Fireboard.
First question I asked was Monday, and haven't heard anything yet.
02, that is a typical PID step program operation, you have to first start and give a ramp temp and time to reach the step then start the step. The time to ramp temp needs to be just long enough or longer to reach the temp that the "heater" is capable of reaching in that ramp time or it will eat in the step temp time......

Edit a PID can be programmed/set up that it will ramp full heat to a step temp then start the step time, but you have to have the initial ramp operation in the programing as well.

02, that is a typical PID step program operation, you have to first start and give a ramp temp and time to reach the step then start the step. The time to ramp temp needs to be just long enough or longer to reach the temp that the "heater" is capable of reaching in that ramp time or it will eat in the step temp time......

Edit a PID can be programmed/set up that it will ramp full heat to a step temp then start the step time, but you have to have the initial ramp operation in the programing as well.
I thought it might be something I was doing, or not doing.
I have a SavannaStoker controller on my CampChef and it has that function.
Never used it though.

Reactions: JLeonard
The biscuit test served it's purpose.
Definitely a lot hotter over firebox than on right.
Ones on right were raw in the middle, and over burn pot looked pretty good.
The ones that didn't get cooked were stuck to the grates.
Cooked ones popped loose pretty easy.
LSG Biscuits 2023-09-20_1.jpg
LSG Biscuits 2023-09-20_2.jpg

The biscuit test served it's purpose.
Definitely a lot hotter over firebox than on right.
Ones on right were raw in the middle, and over burn pot looked pretty good.
The ones that didn't get cooked were stuck to the grates.
Cooked ones popped loose pretty easy.
View attachment 676584View attachment 676588

Just love the look of that door and interior of the unit. Also, the frame and wheels are first rate. I would love to have a cook on that. You can see the quality manufacturing everywhere on that grill. Those biscuits don't lie. Can't wait to see your first meat cook pics.

JC :emoji_cat:

I just received my email that my LSG pellet grill is in fabrication last week. Should receive it mid Oct. I can't wait!! I'm looking forward to seeing your results on your first couple cooks.

I just received my email that my LSG pellet grill is in fabrication last week. Should receive it mid Oct. I can't wait!! I'm looking forward to seeing your results on your first couple cooks.
I'm guessing you were told 4 to 4-1/2 weeks by Chris ?
Took almost 6 weeks to build mine.

When you get it, please write a review after using it a bit.
Would be better to have a couple reviews than just mine, which I will create in a day or so.

I'm guessing you were told 4 to 4-1/2 weeks by Chris ?
Took almost 6 weeks to build mine.

When you get it, please write a review after using it a bit.
Would be better to have a couple reviews than just mine, which I will create in a day or so.
Yep, I was told "4weeks + or - a little". I plan on writing a review after I receive it.

Yep, I was told "4weeks + or - a little". I plan on writing a review after I receive it.
When Sharon called me to tell me mine was done, I asked why so long when Chris had told me 4 to 4-1/2 weeks.
She said "I don't know why he told you that".
He's the owner, he should know.

Had an after though on how uneven the biscuits were.
Maybe you can't just put food in once pit is up to temp.
The 3/16" steel may not be saturated with the heat in that short of time.
Closest to fire would saturate first and cause food to cook faster on that side.

Saw a couple videos on the biscuit test, but none said how long pit was running (that I recall) before putting biscuits in.

Anybody have thoughts on this ?

Reactions: JC in GB
It will take a bit to heat up the 3/16 and that will even it out a bit, however, simply by the design the right side will always be hotter (to some degree) than the left because of the right fire box placement. This isn't a bad thing because you can put larger cuts or such far to the right.

If you put the biscuits in with the unit cold, that is why you got such a difference, Try it again if you want but let it heat up for 45 minutes. I think you will find it much better with only a slight right side hotter.

Thanks Civil, that was my though.
Doing brisket or other long cooks, most likely wouldn't notice it.
Biscuits were only 15 minutes after a 15-20 minute getting to temp.

Thanks Civil, that was my though.
Doing brisket or other long cooks, most likely wouldn't notice it.
Biscuits were only 15 minutes after a 15-20 minute getting to temp.
Put the flat to that side cause they usually need a bit more to get tender...... Problem solved!

Oh yea 15-20 min isn't long enough for a chamber heat up.... I know it takes a full 45 mins for my copper pot to be all set in and uniform.....

Reactions: 02ebz06
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky