Texas vs. Nebraska

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

richoso1

Gone but not forgotten. RIP
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jun 21, 2007
Well folks, let's here what you thouight about last night's game, it was definitely down to the wire. Gloria really wanted Nebraska to win...

I'm a Texas fan, but wow, they didn't look very good at all. I know that Nebraska was in the Big 12 Champ. game for a reason, primarily defense, which they obviouslay DID remember to bring with them... but Texas is going to need to play a little better ball if they want to beat Alabama.

I'm afraid that Alabama may just "roll" right over em.

Can't believe the kicker put it out of bounds at the end. Bringing it out to the 40 hurt them and lost the game for them...Go Bama...

The game was exciting, but unfortunately NU came out on the losing end.

All I can say is "This year I am thankful for the kicker."

I can't believe they put a full sec back on the clock. I watched it over and over and if you count it down in your head and watch the ball hit the ground, there might have been a mili sec at best. McCoy was very lucky....

I was rooting hard for NU, I love the Husker Nation and have been to games in Memorial Stadium many, many times -easily the best fans in college football. i was really disappointed Nebraska lost that game, especially the way they lost it. Although, they only mustered 106 total yards of offense. But, I have to say Ndamakong Suh is the best player in college football, by far, this year - he was tossing offensive linemen around like they were freaking rag dolls!! It was a ridiculously dominating performance on his part, one like I've never ever seen before. That dude is no joke!! I only hope that my Buccaneers have the opportunity to draft him.

I realize with just a little better offense, or not kicking that last kickoff out of bounds, etc, the outcome of the game would have probably been different.

I really hate to blame a loss on officiating, but for the replay officials to put the one second back on the clock was ridiculous. If the ref on the field would have told the clock operator to add a second, I could understand. The Big XII replay rules do not allow for that type of review...so why was it done?

Just a couple of years ago, during the NU-CU game, Nebraska spiked the ball right before half to stop the clock so they could attempt a field goal. There was a full 2 seconds on the clock after the ball was spiked, yet the clock continued to run down to 0. The coach at the time (Callahan) wanted a review to put the time back on the clock, but the refs said it was not a reviewable play.

I guess I really question the integrity of the officials when they set aside the rules to dictate the outcome of a game. Very disappointing.

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky