Teriyaki wings on the kettle

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

Sowsage

Master of the Pit
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Oct 18, 2017
Maplewood OH
Ive had some pretty busy nights lately and been eating on the fly or just zaping something in the microwave.... So when I got a little time this evening I decided wings really sounded good... Weather was warm and calm so I fired up the kettle.

Started off seasoning the wings with salt ,pepper,garlic and ginger...

Then on to the kettle set up for indirect high heat... This is the best i can do until I get myself a vortex..(long overdue for that😆)
I also added a couple small chunks of cherry wood.

Kettle was running about 375°-400° to start with..
0316221955.jpg

Once they hit 165° IT I choked down the heat and basted them with some Sweet baby rays teriyaki sauce and let them get to 190°

Took them off and brushed them with one more coat of the teriyaki and then some sesame seed and green onion for garnish. I also had a little white rice to go along with it.
0316222111j~2.jpg

They came out great! It really hit the spot and it was nice to finally have a night that was not blowing me away outside!!🤣

Thanks for taking a look!

Look awesome Travis! We had a beautiful day here also...it's nice for a change!

Ryan

Nice! Those look amazing! It’s been a bit since we made wings, I never thought I’d look at the price of wings at a grocery store and debate on if it was worth it. But…who am I kidding, I never regret it! Great work for an awesome home cooked meal!

Travis those look awesome very nice job

man those are some pretty wings. Great looking plate.
The weather is starting to settle down here, now I just gotta get some days off!
Jim

I've never tried the SBR Teriyaki. Looks like something else on the list of things to eat. Those look killer!!

Reactions: zwiller
WOW. Fantastic job and congrats on the ride! Well deserved. Color and plated shot is superb. No idea SBR had a teriyaki!!! Grabbing that ASAP.

Some fine work there Travis, looks to be delicious! I've taken to marinating wings in Yoshidas teriyaki sauce for a few yours before throwing them on the Weber with the Vortex, easy peasy. RAY

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky