Sunday Night Stuffed Skirt Steak Roll-Ups (Pics)

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tx smoker

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Apr 14, 2013
Lago Vista, Texas
I've done several variations of the roll-ups over the past couple years but it's been a while and I had a hankering to do something akin to them Sunday. The notion got in my head while doing a ton of work around the yard and it stuck with me all day. After wrapping up the day's work I took stock of what we had in the fridge and the notion formed so off I went...perhaps off the deep end :emoji_laughing: Defrosted a 1 pound CPB skirt steak and proceeded as planned.

The steak
001.jpg

Cut it in half. Seasoned with Worcestershire sauce, black pepper, and garlic
002.jpg

Add cheddar cheese, red onions, and fresh asparagus
003.jpg

Roll them up, tie them off, and sprinkle with Jeff's Texas rub
005.jpg

Onto the Weber
006.jpg

Plated with some broccoli cheddar shells
008.jpg

Money shot. Nailed the perfect cook somehow. Beautiful medium rare, cheese melted, and asparagus and onions cooked but still a nice crunch
009.jpg

These were extremely good. Both of us just loved the flavors of the seasonings. Enough to enhance the flavor of the beef but not over power it in any way. The fun thing about stuff like these are that you are unlimited in ingredient combinations. Whatever you like that makes sense can be put inside for whatever flavor profile you want to create. A very versatile meal and tons of options. Gotta say though, out of all that I've done, these were up there at the top with our favorites. All of the flavors came together beautifully for a really tasty meal.

Well this one is a wrap...no pun intended :emoji_laughing: Y'all stay safe and thanks for dropping in. Until the next round of "Tales From The Crypt".......

Robert

Looks awesome! What temp did you cook at and what temp did you take it to?

Looks awesome!

Thank you. I thought they came out looking pretty good

What temp did you cook at and what temp did you take it to?

Couldn't tell you. Didn't check either. Just fired up some charcoal in the grill, put the roll-ups on, and cooked till they looked like they were done. Sorry...I tend to do a lot of stuff just shooting from the hip.

Robert

Reactions: CFLJOHN512
tenor.gif

Damn straight I want my steak roll ups that way! Looks excellent man! I would think it would be pretty hard to nail the done factor on a thin piece of steak like that but you nailed it hard buddy. BIG LIKE!

Reactions: JLeonard
That looks Beautiful, Robert!!!
I would have to make slight changes in the stuffing, like you said, but that doesn't mean yours looks anything less than Awesome!!
Nice Job!!
Like.

Bear

Man they look great Robert! I really need to try it. I came across the fancy term for this the other day. I believe they call this a roulade in French cooking.

Last edited:
I am going to have to give this a go. Those look awesome. Outside Skirt Steak is one of my favorite cuts of meat, but I haven't seen any since last March. They have some Inside Skirt Steaks, but they go quick at my Publix.

Thanks for sharing.

That looks great. Your choice of filling would work here as well...JJ

Looks great Robert! I’m a big fan of skirt steak and the wife wants me to give this a shot. A perfect opportunity to order some more from CPB

Very nicely done!

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky