Stuffed Pork Loin

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

tropics

Epic Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
★ Lifetime Premier ★
Jun 25, 2014
Attleboro,Ma
Sorry this is not smoked
Had my kids and grandson over for dinner,we take turns on Sundays being we all live close to each other now.My son has been talking about Gnocchi so I have never tried them,only seen them in stores.But I figured it wouldn't hurt to learn something new,surprisingly they turned out very well.
Pork Loin was scalloped open,then stuffed with some Deli Ham,Mozzarella and Asparagus.I didn't get a pic before roasting but here it is out of the oven.
100_0257.JPG

Gnocchi
100_0255.JPG

Sliced
100_0265.JPG

Plated with some green beans,Asparagus and sweet Potato
100_0266.JPG

Thanks for watching
Richie

That looks delicious Richie, Like! I remember being five years old and watching my Noni making gnocchi from scratch. I tried to make it twice and they came out like fishing weights. RAY

Awesome, My Brother!!!
That Plate looks like it should be a Painting on the Wall.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear

Nice job. Looks great. Gnocchi is the second pasta I learned, after Pierogi Dough. Gnocchi and Red Sauce was a popular Sunday meal. I like them tossed in Brown Butter and Fresh Sage...JJ

LIKE. Trying to get my girls on board with more pork. This might work.

On the gnocci thing... Was gifted some legit chicken paprikash recently and got lucky enough to score recipe. It was been tweaked and modernized over the years and the most recent "hack" was the addition of store bought gnocci for a sub for dumplings. OMG. No way I will make dumplings anymore. Cheap as heck too.

Reactions: sawhorseray
That looks delicious Richie, Like! I remember being five years old and watching my Noni making gnocchi from scratch. I tried to make it twice and they came out like fishing weights. RAY
Ray that sounds like the problem my son is having. Thank you and thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Awesome, My Brother!!!
That Plate looks like it should be a Painting on the Wall.
Nice Job!
Like.

Bear
Thank you Brother I had to hip check my kid to get that pic LOL .Thanks for the Like I appreciate it
Richie

Nice job. Looks great. Gnocchi is the second pasta I learned, after Pierogi Dough. Gnocchi and Red Sauce was a popular Sunday meal. I like them tossed in Brown Butter and Fresh Sage...JJ
JJ Thank you I have been making Pierogi Dough for a long time,just tried this last week and we liked them.These were done in browned butter with mushrooms an onions.
Richie

LIKE. Trying to get my girls on board with more pork. This might work.

On the gnocci thing... Was gifted some legit chicken paprikash recently and got lucky enough to score recipe. It was been tweaked and modernized over the years and the most recent "hack" was the addition of store bought gnocci for a sub for dumplings. OMG. No way I will make dumplings anymore. Cheap as heck too.
Sam Thank you and thanks for the Like I appreciate it.
Richie

I hear that zwiller zwiller ! My Sicilian noni used to make them and they were light and kind of fluffy, we'd have them in a rich red sauce and they were fantastic. After she passed away my dad tried making them, lead sinkers, then my mama and sisters tried with the same result. It's just potato's and flour, must be some kind of art form, I failed also. I got the ones from the grocery store and they are just about perfect, not worth the time and trouble to fail. RAY

Reactions: zwiller
SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.
Clicky