Sautéed Apple stuffed loin and Potato Rosti

• Some of the links on this forum allow SMF, at no cost to you, to earn a small commission when you click through and make a purchase. Let me know if you have any questions about this.
SMF is reader-supported. When you buy through links on our site, we may earn an affiliate commission.

DRKsmoking

Legendary Pitmaster
Original poster
OTBS Member
SMF Premier Member
Jan 27, 2021
Middle Sackville, Nova Scotia ,Canada
Sautéed Apple stuffed loin and Potato Rosti ( my version of Swiss potato Rosti )

Did up some apples in butter ,with cinnamon and nutmeg, let that cool

Cut up the pork loin , as it had a bone in the way for a rollup ( not the best deboning job ). Pounded it out a little, sprinkled on a little Memphis rub, added the apples
Rolled , tied it up ,Covered with more Memphis rub and Lanes Q-Nani wrapped and in fridge for couple hours.

DSC_8524.JPG DSC_8526.JPG DSC_8528.JPG DSC_8530.JPG

In the smoker at 300/310 deg. with Hickory , About an hour before the pork is ready started the potatoes, Grated that i Did not was as I need some of the starch to help hold them together. But I did put in towel and squeeze the hell out of them. This uses a lot of butter. Set my ci med high, you just want to brown the bottom a little. Hot pan than add the butter than a layer of potato salt and pepper, let that brown a bit . ( This is where I made it mine as you would just use potato and nothing else ) I added my already fried onions and chopped bacon. And cheddar cheese.

DSC_8532.JPG DSC_8533.JPG DSC_8535.JPG

DSC_8536.JPG

Check the loin , coming good

DSC_8538.JPG DSC_8537.JPG

Once the Potatoes are browned a bit i placed in the BBQ oven for about 15 minutes as this will be thick and I wanted the things to melt and bind some.

Out of the Q and added the top half of the potatoes, flatten out a bit. This is where I was a little nervous. I have to flip this beast.
YES, it worked, LOL.
Now brown this side nicely and than back in the BBQ for another 15 minutes

DSC_8539.JPG DSC_8540.JPG DSC_8541.JPG

DSC_8542.JPG

This was fun and it has a beautiful sound when you run the spatula across it . ( I added a little toppings for looks like I do with omelets to show what kind it is )

Pulled the loin at IT 142 and Let it rest in the oven to hold until all ready, Slice all and serve

DSC_8544.JPG

DSC_8545.JPG

DSC_8546.JPG

My plate , little of everything and my fresh made pickles

DSC_8550.JPG

Who am I kidding I also made gravy , so here it goes.

DSC_8554.JPG

Well folks thanks for making it to the end.

Was a great meal and a new kind of Potato for me , and I will be doing that again.
It was crunchy on the outside and smooth on the inside . And always love pork loin with apple inside .

David

Attachments

• DSC_8547.JPG
    DSC_8547.JPG
    143.9 KB · Views: 8
  • DSC_8548.JPG
    DSC_8548.JPG
    172.3 KB · Views: 9
Fantastic looking meal DrSpuds. I really like the looks of the potato rosti. That will be on the menu in the not too distant future. Also I really like apple stuffed loin, but unfortunately the misses doesn't care for it. So I have to sneak that one in once a year or so.

Point for sure
Chris

Reactions: DRKsmoking
Man I could make a meal on them taters! Then you throw that plated pic with the gravy in there....Fat boy heaven! I'd be all over that.

Jim

• Love
Reactions: DRKsmoking
Fantastic looking meal DrSpuds. I really like the looks of the potato rosti. That will be on the menu in the not too distant future. Also I really like apple stuffed loin, but unfortunately the misses doesn't care for it. So I have to sneak that one in once a year or so.

Point for sure
Chris

Thanks Chris for the like and the comment

Ha Ha , I like Dr. Spuds, Yes the Potato Rosti were great , for the first time. And still came out too thin of a serving for me. But it is a great pick up in your hand food . Nice and crispy and soft and moist inside.

I think next time i will make 2 with just the potato the way they are suppose to be ,
BUT than double them up with cheese and bacon in the middle...can you say Yes Sir !!!!

That is too bad the Misses not big on the apples , Yup, sneak 1 in when she goes away for the night. lol

David

Reactions: gmc2003
Man David your food looks so good and love your spins on food.

Thanks Brian for the like and the comment

That is very nice of you to say, I do like to add things to my meals that might not normally go with each other, works most of the time, lol

But to be fare, you have made some very nice meals that have me drooling on my keyboard also.

Thanks Brian

David

Looks delicous David, your lucky I dont live close to you or you would have a dinner guest nightly.

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

It was a very good meal, and if you did live by, there is always room at my table and all welcome,
as I always make too much so I am told. But I love left overs

David

Man I could make a meal on them taters! Then you throw that plated pic with the gravy in there....Fat boy heaven! I'd be all over that.

Jim

Thanks Jim for the like and the comment

I have to say they are fantastic, and I ate a few slices, they are great pick up in hand and eat. Even cold , as I was running by the fridge this morning I grabbed one.

And yes sorry about that the gravy spilt all over my plate , a couple times . Pure love there .

David

Those potatoes look stellar!! Great job!

Thanks Keith for the love and the comment

They were great , nice and crispy outside and moist inside . They were very good. And already a plan to change up the next time , actually do them the right way and stack them with cheese and bacon between. That is how I will roll with the next ones. lol

David

Same here! And I'd even bring a 25# bag of potatoes!

Jim

That should make a few for us to chow down on.

All are welcome, Always room at my table as Mona makes me sit at the kiddies table , and since there are
no kids around , I sit alone. Elbows up and sparks flying from my knife and fork.

David

Wow, everything looks incredible. I really like the potato idea and when I get brave enough I will give it a shot. Thanks for the inspiration.

Thanks Ray for the like and the comment

It was a very good meal, all were very happy, I will be doing the Rosti again. My big worry was the flip and slide back into the frying pan, Did not know if it would stick or break.
It all worked out good.

Give it a whirl :emoji_cloud_tornado::emoji_cloud_tornado:when you have the time you will like them.

David

SmokingMeatForums.com is reader supported and as an Amazon Associate, we may earn commissions from qualifying purchases.

Latest posts

Hot Threads

Clicky